Chapter 13: COMPETITION

"Gi! Where's my DSM 5 you borrowed last night?!"

"JIA! What's the difference between Social Appraisal and Social Identity again?"

"HEY! HEY! SLOW DOWN!"

"I'LL NOT EAT DINNER HERE, GUYS! BYE!"

"SHIT! I LEFT MY NOTES."

Hell week got them like that. People are everywhere the place. Their voices are filled up the entire dorm. Notes, books, Ipads and even MacBooks were scattered.

Last year, the same scenario happened. I was so pissed that time. I wanna shout 'Hey, people! Get you shits together! Panicking won't help you, brats!' But this time, gustong-gusto ko silang tulungan, all of them. I wanna mend their dread souls and help their rattled minds.

Pero kudos to them. I'm amazed on how they are living with everyone's expectations. They're doing all they can to prove their worth and even make up their own names.

It's six in the morning and there's no training, yet they are all awake, working their asses out just to ace their exams.

"Wala kang exam today?" Bea's carrying a book about 2 inches thick and wearing her set of glasses she barely use.

"Mamaya pang 10am." Sagot ko. She nodded pero halatang may halong pagtataka.

She sitted on the couch in my three o'clock direction and started flipping pages of her microeconomic book. "And you're not studying?"

Now I get it. Should I be sorry for sitting here doing nothing? Well, I'm not as studios as them.

"Nag-aral naman na ako kagabi." I defended myself.

Di na siya nagsalita at nagpatuloy na lamang sa pag-aaral.

One thing you'll admire about Bea is her focus. With this chaotic noisy place, she can still able to study as if the place is conducive for learning.

Biglang dumating si Maddie na may dalang malaking mug ng coffee. She puts it on the table in front Bea. The latter mumbled 'thank you' without giving a glance, it's like she anticipated this one. Maddie didn't say a word and vacated the area.

Still eyes glued on the book, inabot niya yung coffee niya then slowly sips it.

"Anong oras ang exam mo?" Di ko napigilang magtanong.

"1:30." And just like the way it is, hindi niya rin ako tingnan.

"Di ka nag-aral kagabi?"

"I did. Still not enough." Parang nahiya ata yung 4 hours kong aral kagabi para sa dalawang major subjects ko, ah.

"Bakit? Ilan ba ang exams mo today?"

"Just this one." Woah! Anong akala niya sa kanya? Geek?

"Ilang oras mo ba pinag-aaralan ang bawat subjects mo?" For the first time today, tingnan niya ako. Wow! That's a big accomplishment for me.

"It depends. Sometimes 3 hours, sometimes it would lasts for about 6 to 7 hours." Damn! Isang subject 7 hours? Sounds like she's more diligent compared to a med student. "I told you I'm not smart. I need to work extra hard unlike others."

"You're a dean's lister."

"I need to be one."

I didn't bother talking anymore. Alam kong she can't afford distraction.