Chapter 7: COMPLICATED

I couldn't ask for more. This is just so surreal. I'm a freakin champion, thinking it's just my rookie year.

Confetti is all over the place. Even the loud noises from the Blue Babble Battalion, audiences and even from my teammates, it filled up the arena.

I hug my mom tightly, savoring the moment with her. Even Jaja, who's standing next to my mama looks so happy. This has been my parent's dream for me, to play and win a crown. To experience what it feels like in the UAAP court watching by thousands of people. It took me so long to give it to them, but now is the time.

I close my eyes as Jaja joins us. I can't contain my tears. I train so hard for this. I live miles away from my family for this dream to happen and it all paid off now.

The moment I open my eyes, I saw how my teammates celebrate. If it's not because of them, for sure I can't make it. They made the twice a day training bearable and coach Tai's one man tolerable.

Ate Ly approaches me and leads me to teammates.

I never see them this emotional. I can say, the televise version can't give enough justice of showing their real emotions.

Iba pala talaga if you're with them.

You can see every details. The wide smile which I think will never vanish any moment from now is complimented with glittery tears and even beads of sweat of them.

The sophistication is still evident, but the modesty is now gone.

I thought I will never be as unsteady compare awhile ago. When I'm losing my breath, watching Jia smartly toss the ball on the other side, giving us the championship point we needed. But I was wrong. This time, I can feel it again.

Her familiar scent of I don't know if it's Chanel, Burberry or Victoria Secret perfume- a pricey floral jasmine mild scent, is entering my system.

"Our first championship. Congrats!" Since I'm trembling badly due to this unfamiliar sensation I'm feeling every time I'm this close to her, I just nodded and mumbled congrats.

Bea De Leon, please spare me with this madness. Don't get any closer to me, please. I'm starting to hate myself because of you. I'm starting to hate myself because I can't describe this bullshit.

My smile grew wider when I got a chance holding our trophy.

The cold feeling you'll get the moment you hold this glass-made thing is really one of a kind. I can feel a high voltage, inviting me to hug it closely. But of course, I'm still sane not to do that, even though I saw how my teammates kissed and hugged this as if this is so previous as a diamond.

"All good thing must come to an end."

As we went to church of Gesu for the thanksgiving mass, it was also the time when ate Den, ate Els and ate Yel needed to bid their final farewell.

My teammates tears flow once again. I can't even face ate Ly, who's so vulnerable this time. No hint of cheerfulness, as I can feel her shoulders move up and down, silently crying while listening to ate Den's speech.

We headed to Solaire for the actual celebration. The place is too cozy, food are so good.

I can hear the crispy laughter from the parents and the management. They look so happy. Of course, who will not be? Additional fund, additional honor for them.

They are laughing their lungs out, without realizing how divided our emotions are. They never notice how the players, who work so hard, are not wholeheartedly happy. They must cheer them up, they should be the one who give them encouraging words. But it looks like they are not sensitive enough for this.