Chapter 24: REASON

I slowly open my eyes as I feel the crisp cold air embracing me gently.

I wake up with no one and I nearly panicked when I saw the clock strikes past 10am.

What the fuck! Where's my roomie? She supposed to wake me up. Training is now done for sure.

I gathered myself, prepared my things and started my morning rituals. Then I went out our room hurriedly because I'm late in class.

"Oh Jho! Akala ko ba masama ang pakiramdam mo?" It's Ana relaxing herself on the sofa bed in the living area. Kakatapos lang ata ng therapy niya.

"Huh?" I'm all good. San nanggaling yun? Konting hangover pero okay pa naman.

"Coach scolded Bea for pressing the button even if you're still not awake. She had additional 20 lapses and she pleaded to coach not to be mad at you coz you're sick daw."

Why the fuck she had to do it? Maddie, Jia, Bea and I needed to face the consequence for attending party last night. And that is to wake up early to attend our 5:45am training even if we went home by 4am.

It will be unfair for them, especially for her kung sasaluhin niya ako.

"Medyo okay na ako, Ana. Need to attend my class. I have to submit my plates, eh." She gave me thumbs up as I bid my goodbye to her.

My day went on and on. Maybe if I'm not busy for this day, kanina ko pa tinawagan si Bea to ask her out- my way of saying thank you for what she did.

"Jho, tara! Kain muna tayo before training? Nanghihina na ako sa gutom, eh." Rex requested. We just had iced coffee and hash browns for lunch kasi nga super busy namin today.

We're actually on our way to BEG at parang hindi ko matatanggihan ang alok niya.

"Tara! Pero bilisan natin, ha. Lagot ako kay coach kapag nalate ako. Hindi pa naman ako nakaattend ng training kanina."

Rex flashes a weird grin to me. "May saviour ka naman, naks!" Then he taps my back and started walking.

"What a gentleman!" Sigaw ko kasi hindi man lang ako hinintay.

"Di ganun ang type mo. Wag ako." I don't get him kaya binilisan ko nalang din ang lakad ko.

***
I wanna thanks heavens for a smooth training for tonight. Scrimmage- it was against team air force and it was quite chill and fun play that's why hindi kami masyadong nahirapan.

"Beh!" Bea sits beside me.

I am here at the garden, badly in need of fresh air. I didn't even notice that she followed me.

Then I remember, I'm still not saying thank you for what she did this morning. "Bea, about kaninang umaga, thank you. Pero di mo naman kailangan gawin yun. Ginising mo nalang sana ako, edi sana hindi ka naparusahan."

Her smile faded as she ignored what I said. "Jho, last night..." I wanna stop her, but there's part of me wanting to hear what she'll gonna say.

Ayoko ko sana iopen up yung topic. I'm scared na marinig ang side niya, but I'm aching to know.

"I'm sorry. Please, don't think I took advantage of the situation."