Chapter 26: DAVAO

Everyone is in hurry.

We can hear the beep of the bus horn from here. Making everyone panicked as we prepare ourselves and our things for this trip.

When I went out, it is still dark. Most of my teammates are standing outside the bus, waiting for us to be complete.

Ate Ly clapped her hands. "Ladies!" She tried getting our attentions. "Stay together later, okay?" She reminded us.

"We should implement the buddy system, Ly. It will make easier for us to keep track everyone." Ate Ki suggested. She's the co-captain, by the way.

"Ah yeah! About that, sa bus nalang." She let us do the head counts, but Trey interrupts her.

"Maddie and Bea are still inside." I roam my eyes around. She's right. Pero nauna si Bea saking lumabas ng kwarto. She even brought my luggage here.

"Okay, girls! Find your most comfortable spot inside. I'll wait them here." Synjin, our student-manager, ordered.

For the second time, I rove my eyes to look for her.

And then I saw her walking hand in hand with Maddie. Both of them are wearing this wide smile on their faces. Bea is even carrying Maddie's backpack.

Someone elbowed me. "Tabi tayo?" My heart pumps faster.

"Ah oo...sige." I feel like I was running out of oxygen. Heartstrong tayo, self! Sa bus lang naman.

We walked going inside the bus. She even helped me carrying my luggage. I wonder why she just have her gym bag with her.

"Beside the window or nah?" Gizelle asked as we stopped at the third to the last row of the bus.

I don't understand myself why I'm still uncomfortable when it comes to her and Jia despite the fact that we talk often than usual now.

"Either. Ikaw bahala." I shyly imparted and make myself busy putting my luggage on top.

Gizelle chose the seat next to the window. She also offered me a peanut butter jelly sandwich, but I declined even though I can feel hunger already.

I let my eyes wander around to make myself comfortable. But I think it's not a good idea when I saw Bea's eyes piercing on me. She's beside Maddie. They took the other side- a seat next to us.

"Bakit yan lang ang dala mo, bakla?" Pongs asked Maddie when she noticed her small Gucci backpack.

"Mom's aide will bring me clothes there." Ah yeah, she's from Davao. Easy access. Pero pwede naman siyang magdala nalang at wag ng umasa, di ba? And it's like she can hear my thoughts when she said. "We'll be needing a lot, Pongs. You know, the Quinceñera thing." Then she pointed her and Bea.

"Gosh! Don't mention that stupidity, Mads." Ponggay is shrilling with her wide eyes that makes Bea and Maddie burst out laughing.

So, they still need to work their asses in Davao for that occasion? Wow! What a waste of time.

I rather not listen to them so I put my earphones on, but ate Ly wouldn't allow me.

"Sorry to disrupt you, girls, but let's talk about our set up there first." She started as she stood up in front of us. "For the room assignment, two heads each. Your buddy will be your roommate. Okay lang ba?"

No one contradicted her so she continues. "Since it's by two, we decided that your seatmate now will be your buddy."

I wanna react violently, but I know I'm not in the position. I ignored them and continue with my plan A- to listen to a good music and sleep on our way to the airport. But, people never let me when Gizelle elbowed me hard.