Chapter 30: CLOSER

Bea's POV

I was scanning the files for the Quinceñera.
Venue. Check!
Program. Check!
Food. Check!
Invitations..... oh crap! It is still pending until now and we are freakin' running out of time.

Hindi kami nagkakasundo regarding the design. Others want it to be minimalistic, but some want it grandeur.

Being the head of this event surely give me much headache.

I think Bea Tan knows it well when she didn't accept the role. I just envy her a lot for having courage to turn down the boards that easy.

I dialled Kianna's number to ask her regarding the progress. After all, she's the one assign with the invitations together with Kiara Sarmiento.

After how many rings, she picks it up. But, what welcomes me is not her, instead it's a loud noise from a stereo.

"Hey, Kians! Where are you?!" I need to shout for her to hear me. But then, she just answered me with chuckles.

Kim Kianna Dy! Where the hell are you?!" I repeated my question. I don't know if I need to treat her as a friend now or as the event head of the occasion she's committed.

"Hey, Bea! I'm sorry I need to company a friend. She's having trouble with her life and badly in need for some distraction." At this moment the sound is getting lower. Maybe she went somewhere far. "Anyhow, what's with the call?"

"Kians, are you done with the invitations? We just have nine days to send it over." She maybe on the other line, but I heard her gasps.

"About that. We presented six kinds of invites last Monday, but the board rejected all of them. Just imagine, Bei. Six. Six freaking awesome designs! For me, it was all perfect honestly. I can even have those for my wedding." She's joking, but I can feel hopelessness with her voice.

"What did they say? May suggestions ba sila?" I need to act cool. Hindi kami pwedeng magpanic pareho.

"They just want it to be traditionally elegant. At least 3-ply for the paper, matte finish with no scent. And for the letterings, it is up to us." I nodded in agreement though I know she can't see me.

"Okay, I'll try my best to look for someone who can do layout for us. I'll ask mom if where she's having her intives done. I will also email some other members to help us." As much as I don't wanna shoulder their work, I know I need to help already. They did their best naman so might as well it's time for our other members to step up.

"Thank you, Bei! You're really a life saver. The boards just really don't want our layout artist's taste."

After exchanging some other details with Kianna she has to hang up to assist her friend inside the bar.

I went to Maddie's room hoping she can help. But Trey said she's out somewhere.

When I went back our room, I saw Jhoana staring her laptop blankly. I move closer and saw her portfolio layout and right at this time, I know where to seek help.

I fake a cough to get her attention. "Oh, Bea. Andyan ka pala."

"Are you busy?" I asked her.

"Hindi naman. Kakatapos ko lang ng first draft nitong portfolio ko actually." I can feel my face lighten up with her answer. "Bakit? May kailangan ka ba?"

I shyly move my head up and down. "Can you help me design an invites?" I asked her coyly.

"Para saan?" She asks back.