Chapter 37: LIES

Jhoana's POV

I am allowing my mind to explore the possibilities, though I know it will not serve as any help for it's just consuming my entire being.

What happened? We were happy. At least that's what I know.

But now, I'm trying to question everything. I don't know what to believe in. I don't know anymore.

I contemplate if she's really true to her words. Then why is she not here? Why I am suffering from this melancholia?

A tear escaped as an image flashes (her and me, walking hand in hand with a big smiles on our faces) reminded me how everything just turned around.

"Jhoana, sige na, please. Kumain ka naman kahit konti." Maybe Gizelle and Jia surrendered since ate Ella is the who's here with me now.

They've been persuading me to eat, to continue my life, but I can't.

I tried to stare at her. I can't believe the place and the people who taught me how to rebuild my trust, are the ones who also crashed it later on.

Bagsak na bagsak na. Hindi ko na alam kung sino ang papaniwalaan. Hindi ko na alam kung sino ang pwede kong takbuhan.

"For sure, alam ni mama." I started. Natigilan siya.

Even with the way she looks at me now, ayaw kong paniwalaan.

It looks like she's concern. It looks like she cares.

"Alam ni tita pero hinayaan niya kami thinking na makakatulong ito sa pagtanggap mo sa mga bagay-bagay."

I don't wanna process everything. Even my own mother knows, pero pinili niyang pagmukain akong tanga.

I motion my sight to the window.

The sun is preparing to set. I'm trying so hard to admire the beauty I failed to cherish as the time goes by.

"Jhow!" I can hear her voice, softly bawling.

I displeasingly smile.

We were smiling from ear to ear. Our dresses swaying by the wind. We were so happy finding time escaping the city and had a taste of the salt breeze of Pico de Loro.

"Jhow!" She signaled me to go to her direction for she finds the perfect spot to watch the sun setting.

I complied. Nagpaalam ako sa mga pinsan ko.

I hugged her from the back then I buried my face on her body- savoring every datum of it.

"I smell nice, 'no?" If amour propre is a sin, then I'm willing to love this iniquitous being.

I glared at her and Bea being Bea, she just chuckled while pinching my nose.

"For a moment, nothing matters." She commenced.

We are sitting on the sands, hand in hand. This intimacy will never go wrong for me.

I opened my eyes wide, not because of her statement, but because of the view. "What do you mean?"

She held my chin for me to face her. Everything turns into a blur, seeing how Bea's eyes speak up for herself.

The luminous in her eyes is much more powerful than the illuminating sky contrasting by the strokes of clouds, gleaming with the vibrant pink and orange colors.

"You. The sunset. So majestic." She stroked my hair as we both looked at the pink skies again. "I will never trade this off for anything."

Her, hugging me sideways is one of my favorites.

"Pinakilala ko siya sa pamilya ko. Maayos din ang pakikisama sa kanya ni mama. Akala ko everything's perfect. Everything went well, eh."

"Hindi lahat ng nakikita ng mga mata mo totoo. Sometimes you need to use your heart, your guts." She brought out.

I took the glass of water. I need it to swallow the big lump forming inside my throat.

"Baka kung ganun, hindi niyo ako naloko." My lips were pressed against the glass I'm holding.

"Jho, sinubukan kong kumatok. Sinubukan kong pagbuksan mo ako ng mga mata mo. Sinubukan kong makita mo ang totoo. Trust us when we say, we tried saving you. You just don't wanna listen." And now she's up for some victim blaming.

"Wala kayong sinabi. You're forcing me to stay away for no reason. Who the hell would do that?" My breathing becomes heavier and so my gazes.

"I'm sorry." Yumuko siya. Para bang suko na siyang makipagtalo sakin.

Parang ako lang. Pagod na pagod na. Any moment from now, parang susuko na rin.

Pero I'm thinking, kapag sumuko ako at nakita nila, nalaman niya, baka I'm just giving them satisfaction. And that's the least thing I want.

Natalo na before si papa sa laban, though wala naman talagang competition. Ayoko namang ganun din ang mangyari sakin ngayon.

"I wanna sleep now, ate Els. Makakaalis ka na."

The moment she vacated the room, tears started flowing like a faucet again.

Ella's POV

"Kumusta, besh?" Nagulat nalang ako sa biglang nagsalita. Hindi ko man lang namalayan na nasa harap ko na pala si Ly at Jia.

"So far, not so good." I honestly blunted.

We can't afford another lie now. Even those white little lies are not welcome.

"She needs us. Being with her all the time is the least thing we can do for now." Ly exhaled deeply.

"Maybe she needs some time to think for herself. Everything's overwhelming for her. Let's give her the space she deserves." Jia contradicted.

She knew Jho better. She's with her for quite sometime than us.

"You think?" I asked, making sure.

For awhile, she stared at the door knob first then she slowly nodded at me.

***********
Here you go, guys!

OBF on Sat! 🏀🏐