Chapter 16: Q AND A

"Jhow, wake up! We're here."

The first thing I saw the moment I open my eyes is her lovely chinita eyes, looking at me intently.

"San si Maki?" I try my best to sound cool as possible though I can feel some electrons in my system again- with her, this close to me.

"I drove her home. Tara?"

I'm still in the state of shock. Di pa rin nakakabawi ang sistema ko sa pagkagulat na siya agad ang nakita ko.

She opened the car door for me. Di na rin ako nag-aksaya ng panahon at lumabas na. She's been spoiling me tonight, nakakahiya na.

'Wow!' That's just the word my mind can say.

Tumambad sakin ang napakalaking modernong bahay that I usually see sa mga foreign movies lang. Nakahelerang sasakyan at napakagandang landscape. I feel like my comprehension shrinks at this moment.

She leads me the way. About 3 minutes walk from the parking, narating namin ang main door ng bahay.

Even this door is shouting elegance and class. It has a rolex shell vintage oyster perpetual material we can usually find sa mga multimillion rolex watches. Nakaukit din sa pinong-pinong kahoy coated with well painted varnish ang autograph ng may gawa of this such masterpiece.

"Let's go inside? Sayang, my parents are asleep na for sure."

I complied.

A raspberry smell invaded my nostril when Bea opened the door.

The interior of the house, wala akong masabi. Minimalistic yet hatalang pinag-isipan.

I unconsciously stop with every painting I see. I can't help, but to admire these babies.

The paintings says a lot from the owner- liberated and sophistication. That's what I see.

"Mom's a collector." She caught my attention. I looked at her and smile. "You appreciate those things, eh."

I nodded and looked closely at the fourth painting, studying every details of it. Finding the hidden meaning on it.

"Yeah right, picasso." She chuckles. "Now I know the reason behind your course. Information design, huh!"

I ignore her first because the paintings got me badly. It's like they are screaming for me to admire them, to give my full attention to them.

"Why not fine arts?" But her question got me too.

Bat nga ba?

"Wala naman nun sa Ateneo." I excused.

"In UP there is."

Natawa ako sa sagot niya. Really? "Alam mo namang hindi ako katalinuhan at may katamaran rin akong mag-aral."

"Kinakaya mo naman sa Ateneo, ah." She debatably said.

"Oo pero UP ibang usapan na yun. And besides, super underload ko sa Ateneo kaya ko yun nagagawa."

"Ow! Don't put yourself that down, Picasso. How about UST? FEU?"

Umiling nalang ako bilang sagot. I once dreaming of studying in UST, took the course she's telling, but fate never goes easy to me.

"Let's go upstairs? For sure you're tired already. You got all your time tomorrow to admire those."

She let me stay in her room since all the maids are asleep already at wala na raw mag-aayos ng guest's room.

She also lend me her clothes and pjs. Even her unused undies, she let me use one of those.