Chapter 30

When Saturday finally arrived, Emma couldn't think of anything else than her date. She ran up and down the house and reassured herself for the hundredth time that she had everything with her.

Then the door bell finally rang and Emma sprinted to open the door.

"Hello Regina" she said before the door was really open. "Wow" she then whispered as she saw the woman. She wore blue jeans and a tight white tank top. A light blue shirt was pulled over it and her hair was in a high ponytail. Make Up wasn't recognizable.

The casual look suited the brunette just as good as the tight dresses she always wore.

"Hello Emma", the brunette greeted, eyeing the blonde. Regina too found her counterpart breathtaking. "Shall we go?"

The blonde nodded, shouted "See you tomorrow" to her foster parents and walked through the entrance.

A few minutes later, the psychologist parked at the edge of the forest and got out of the car. Emma did the same and got her language out of the trunk.

Fully packed with big backpacks, they started walking. Regina leading and Emma following her.

"So? Where are we going?", Emma asked curiously. But she could have known, that Regina liked surprises too much to tell her the place.

"It's a surprise", she just said, turning briefly to wink at Emma.

"Alright", Emma mumbled and concentrated on the ground again as to not trip over any roots or stones.

"Did you ever set up a tent?", the blonde then asked.

Regina shook her head. "Haven't had the chance to do so yet. But you know how it works, right?!" She asked skeptically and glanced back to where Emma was going.

"The last time I did it, I was four", Emma laughed. "But we will do it somehow"

The brunette stopped, turned around and looked at Emma reproachfully. "Emma? Please tell me you are joking? I don't want to sleep in the open air today"

Emma chuckled and shrugged her shoulders. "Let's hope for the best. Otherwise we can look at the stars all night", Emma suggested with laughter.

"Stars are not moving! What do you want to look at?!" Regina asked in complete frustration. "I thought you knew how that worked!"

Emma just grinned at Regina, shrugged her shoulders and went past the woman to continue walking.

The brunette just laughed and rolled her eyes before shouting "Emma, wait. You don't know where to go". Then she ran after the girl and grabbed her arm.

Emma stopped and smiled at her psychologist. Regina took advantage of the moment and walked past Emma. Laughing, she pulled the girl with her.

A few minutes later, Regina came to a halt and said "That's it"

Emma looked around. They had reached a cliff. All around them where trees but there was an area big enough to set up the tent and make a fire. But the highlight was the view. You could overlook the whole town. It was beautiful.

Regina dropped onto a fallen tree and said "So? How do you like it?"

Emma turned around an sat down next to the woman. "It's beautiful!" she said and looked at the cliff again.

"I often rode here with my father and we pointed out all the houses we knew", Regina said, smiling as she thought back to it.

"You can ride?" Emma asked in disbeliever. She just couldn't imagine her noble psychologist on a horse.

"Could" Regina corrected the girl, the corners of her mouth dropping. "I've never sat on a horse again ever since my father died in a riding accident"

Emma saw the sadness in Reginas eyes and immediately put an arm around her. "I am sorry", she said and gently stroke over the womans shoulder.

Regina briefly leaned into the touch, allowing herself to be vulnerable but just as quickly, she sat up again and cleared her throat. "It's okay. It's been a long time. Shall we start setting up the tent before the sun goes down?"

Emma nodded and pulled the tent out of her backpack.

"Okay, so we have the tent tarp, those weird sticks and that" Emma said, holing up some tent pegs.

"How do we start?" Regina asked, standing next to the blonde.

"I think it's gonna be best if we put down the tent the right way first" Emma suggested, looking for the entrance.

That done, Regina took the sticks and turned towards Emma. "Okay, what about those", she asked, holding them up in the air.

"Give me one" Emma said. "Just put it in there and do the same on the opposite side" Emma suggested and did her best but again and again everything fell apart.

Laughing, the girl dropped to the floor. "Okay, that's not working. I thought it would be easier"

Regina agreed and thought about a solution. "Wait, we do it like that. You put it in here and hold it. I'll bent it and put it in there. Okay?"

Emma stood up and did as she was told. And behold, the first stick was fixed.

Some minutes later, the tent was all set and Emma started to make a fire. "You can start inflating the air mattress", Emma suggested, turning towards Regina who sat on the fallen tree again and eyed Emma "It's in the backpack"

Regina pulled it out and stared at it for a moment. "How?" she then asked quietly and Emma sighted. "Tztztz... Have you never been camping?", she asked with fake disappointment.

Regina rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"There is and opening" Emma said, placing that part of the mattress in Reginas hand. "And you just blow into it"

Then she turned around and drew her attention back to the fire.

"I am supposed to inflate the whole mattress with my mouth?!" The woman asked in disbeliever and stared at Emma.

"We can take turns" Emma laughed and ignored Reginas annoyed sigh.

Fifteen minutes later, the fire was burning and Regina was out of breath. The blonde sat on the fallen tree and watched Regina. Suddenly something came to her mind and she started rummaging through her backpack.

"Umm... Regina?", she carefully asked as she found what she was looking for.

"Mhm?" the brunette just answered.

"I just remembered something. David may have... umm.. put an air pump in-" but she didn't get any further, because a deep growl from Regina interrupted her.

"He did what?!" Emma smiled at the woman apologetically. "Run, Emma. Run" she grumbled and stood up.

With confusion written all over her face, Emma starred at the woman, stomping towards her. When the brunette was only a few meters away from her, Emma jumped up and started running. However, the brunette quickly caught up with the girl and both woman fell to the ground.

Immediately, Regina began tickling the blonde and didn't stop until Emma started begging.

"Stop, please Regina. I'll do everything", she forced out during giggles and the brunette stopped. Laughing, she stood up, holding out a hand to help the girl up.

"How could you forget about the air pump?!", the woman asked in disbeliever and walked to get it from the backpack.

"You just looked so sexy", Emma quietly stated. Quietly enough that she was sure Regina couldn't hear it. But apparently it wasn't quiet enough. Regina turned around with a big smirk on her lips and asked "What did you just say, Emma?"

The blonde blushed. "Nothing", she said quickly.