Chapter Fourteen

I looked around at all the initiates around us, clustered outside the dauntless compound. It’s completely dark now, and it would be almost impossible to see everyone in their black clothes if they didn’t have a light up beam collar around their necks. Everybody is waiting for the train to come by. I heard the train round the corner and started jogging so I could hop on. Once all the initiates got on behind us Four wasted no time and started explaining.

“We will be dividing you into two groups. Dauntless born and the transfers will be mixed, so make friends…or don’t. One group will be with Me, Uriah, and Tris, and the other will be with Lauren and Zeke. The goal is to find the other teams flag,” He said, holding up one of the neon glow in the dark flags. “before they find yours. These are the guns we will be using. This game is meant for strategy and team work, not for viciousness.” He said, turning to Jessica and James. “If you shoot somebody from the neck up you will be thrown out of Dauntless.”

“Are those paint guns?” Sophia asked.

“No. They are stimulators, and they give the feeling of actually being shot. It hurts like a bitch so I suggest you remain on guard. The feeling wares off after a couple minutes. Come grab one.”

He handed one to me.

“The area we use is pretty damn large,” Lauren said. “So it could take a while for one team to win.”

I elbowed Tobias lightly. It won’t take that long with us climbing the ferris wheel and scouting out their spot. “Ok. Team picking. Lauren, Zeke, you can go first.”

Lauren looked around, propping her gun on his foot. “Hunter,” He said, looking at a muscular initiate with long black dreads. Kind of creepy if you ask me.

Tobias looked at me nodding. I looked at them all. I don’t want an evil team, and I want a team that can work with strategy and speed just as much as strength.

“Evin,” I said, grinning as he walked up and fist pumped me.

“Bari,” Zeke said.

“Jonah,” Tobias stated.

“Axel,”

I looked around, narrowing my eyes. They look uncomfortable being picked off like mice in a cage, and it makes me have to choke back a giggle. “Calum,”

“Lane,”

It’s hard to choose, since I don’t know many of the dauntless initiates. “Cora,”

“Alba,”

“Sage,”

We finished choosing and hopped off the train. Our team is good and skilled, and thankfully none of them are smart asses. We got Olivia, Gavin, and Kayleigh. James and Jess are fortunately on the other team.

“Lights off,” I said, clicking my glow necklace off.