Chapter Nineteen

I walked down the hall, my hand under my nose to cup some of the blood that was still occasionally falling from my nose. It doesn’t hurt too badly. I guess to somebody else it would be very painful, but I’ve felt worse. I don’t know how mad I should be at Tobias. I can understand why he would be upset, because Gavin was honestly asking for it. I thought that maybe he had a thing for me, but I’m pretty sure that’s confirmed now. He freaked out when Tobias and I showed him an example of how we wanted to fight, and called him an idiot. Wrong move. I just don’t understand why he would go at him like that. Boys will be boys I guess, but I expected him to be the mature one. That wasn’t the right thing to do as an instructor.

Why do people like their instructors? It’s not ok. I know I did it, but that was different. We were careful about every little thing. But Jessica, and now Gavin. It’s incredibly annoying. I walked home and went straight to the bathroom. I washed my face and neck and changed my shirt. My nose looks like it’s starting to bruise already, so I grabbed an icepack and left before Tobias could come to try and find me. I’d rather wait to talk to him when I’ve calmed down more. I turned down a dark hallway, figuring I would go to Christina’s.

 Suddenly I felt a callused hand press to my mouth. Before I could turn around to see who it was something was shoved into my mouth and a bag was put around my face. I tried to scream but so much of the cloth was stuffed into my mouth. Somebody, a man, lifted me up and started running. I thrashed wildly, clawing at the face of whoever is kidnapping me.

I’m going to be murdered. I’m going to die and Tobias will think I died mad at him. I tried to resist the person as best as I could but his hand wrapped around my wrists firmly. I tried to be scared for my own life, but really the only thing running through my mind is Tobias. I felt myself being placed on the ground and I ripped the thing off of my head, spitting out the cloth. I focused my eyes as I jumped up, ready to either lunge at someone or run.

The man in front of me was holding his hands out; as if he was telling me he meant peace. Why would he want peace if he just freaking kidnapped me? I looked around to see a room full of a bunch of men. A few of them look a little familiar, maybe I have passed them in the halls? Just as I was about to make an escape that I had already deemed unsuccessful somebody called my name.

“Tris,” I looked at a tall eerie man with curly brown hair and dark eyes.

“How do you know my name?” I spat, my fists up. “What do you want?”

“Calm down. We just want to talk to you.”

“If you just wanted to talk to me then why didn’t you just ask me to come along? Instead of throwing a bag over my head!”

“What we have to say is very secretive and potentially deadly to everyone here if anybody found out. We weren’t sure if you would come with us if a random person asked you to.” The man said. He looks around Tobias’s age. Twentyish.

“So you aren’t trying to kill me?”

Some of the men chuckled and I ground my teeth. “No. We’re asking for your help.”

I put my fists down hesitantly. “What do you have to say that’s so dangerous that I can’t be seen with any of you?”