Chapter 6

(2299 words)

I catch the bullet "yeah I suppose so . SO what do you need from me ? " I ask him he opens the back door and grabs the packet for my job . Like usual it also has an envelope full of money . " This is a tough Job Lucy , But I know if anyone can do it it's you . It pay's good . Apparently one of Roberto Vacini's men slept with one of a high ranking Mafia bosses wife and she finally told him . Best part is the bitch is pregnant . So the boss who is a bigger Mafia man than me put out the hit . He sent it directly to me to send to the Ghost . SO here we are . By the way did I mention this is a high profile job . The Mafia boss wants this kept under wraps . Make the body disappear to where it can't show up any where understand ? " He tells me this handing all the information over to me .

"You do realize this isn't my first job . Hell you didn't even give me this speech on the first job I did ." I tell Victor . "I'm aware this isn't your first job , but keep your ass in check or it will be your last . " he tell's me arrogantly . I roll my eyes at him . "You do realize I am not afraid to die ? I'm not scared of you Victor . " I tell him walking close to him and snatching the envelope of money away from him . "Lucy tread careful here . " Jimmy says pulling my arm back . I snatch it out of his grip .

" NO just because all of you men are scared of your boss doesn't mean I have to be . I'm a very open and honest person you all know this . You all knew this from day one ." I say to Jimmy as I turn around to tell Victor it'll be done and what day when I notice there is a barrel pressed to my head . I laugh at Victor . " Do your worst Vic . I'm ready to meet my fate . " I tell him he closes his eyes and exhales a breath .

" need me to turn around so you don't have to see my face ?" I say turning around so the barrel is at the back of my skull . " Go ahead pull the trigger " I push Victor after a minute I turn around and grab the barrel and push it closer to my skull " Go ahead pull the trigger " I push it closer to y forehead still holding the barrel . " DO it ! Don't be a pussy ! Pull the trigger take me out of my misery . You know you want to do it ! I can see it in your eyes. " I say in a calm voice . I see his trigger finger move in slow motion until it finally happens . He pulls the trigger for the second time today all it does is snaps . Victor exhales and I laugh . "You are fucking crazy . One day someone is going to put you in your place . You do realize that don't you . " Victor says .

" I will relish in the day that happens . He will be a man worth worshiping on hands and knees . " I tell him . " If we are through here I have a job to get to planning . By the way it'll be done within the week . " I tell him walking over to my bike and straddle it. "Vic you need some new bullets or a different gun . I got a few I can loan you . They shoot perfect . "I tell him . He snickers " Lucy get your ass out of here before I gab Jimmy's gun and for real shot your ass . " Vic says .

" Then who'd do all the Mafia and Mob bosses dirty work ?" I ask him . " Oh let me guess you all would have to go back to doing it for yourselves . And then you all would be back to like before wars against each other . By having me everything is peaceful except everyone hates me ! " I say starting my bike up . " Call me when you have a valid reason to kill me . " I tell him pulling out of the warehouse . I take the short ride home and everything is locked up . I head to my room to put everything away . I need to wash this day away completely .

AS I exit the shower I hear a knock on the door . No one is supposed to be here . I look out the peep hole Roberto . What does he want . Only way to find out . I crack my door chain is still linked to the door . " Can I help you ?" I ask him . " Yeah can you let me in . I need to discuss your fight with Constantine in a few weeks . " He says . " Well cal Joey . He handles all that for me . What no guards ?" I say noticing there is no one behind him . " They are here they are just giving me my space . So are you letting me in or not ?" He asks . I close the door in his face and undo the chain . I open the door and stand to the side . " Two showers in one day ?" He says eyeing the towel . " Technically just this one . I like to clean the blood off of my after gym . Here I really wash the day away . If you will give me a minute to change I'll be back make yourself at home " I tell him .