chapter 17

(1346 Words)
LUCYS P.O.V
(Right as she and Mateo start to dance )

Just as I finish dancing with the last clown I think I may be able to escape this floor to atleast get a sip of something to drink .  Every since Roberto left me with Rex I think I have danced with every single male in this place . I turn toward our table searching for Roberto only to have my attention averted as someone taps my shoulder .

I turn and it's my childhood friend Mateo

 wait if he is here that means he is in the mafia or mob

wait if he is here that means he is in the mafia or mob. I smile at him as he asks " May I have this dance ." I walk over to him and to his surprise I wrap my arms around him and laugh " what's a matter Mateo cat got your tonuge ? " I ask as the song begins . He looks at me shocked for a moment " Lucy is that you ?" He asks taken aback I nod my head and pucker my lips " guilty ad charged . " I say he laughs and wraps his arms around me tight and swings me around causing me to laugh . 

I don't miss the attention he brings our way as he does this . I can feel the eyes on me . Suddenly the atmosphere in the room shifts . I know Roberto is back.  I should back away from Mateo but he's an old friend of mine I know without a doubt he'd never hurt me . " So neossós (chick) what have you been up to lately ? " he says as he ruffles my hair a little.  I pout like a petulant child " don't do that Tae  I'm not a little child anymore and don't call me a neossós I'm a woman now.  " I say to him pouting . He laughs full on belly laugh not just a chuckle . " Yeah sure neossós says the neossós who is pouting like a little neossós. " He says as I swat his arm . He raises one of his hands in surrender not wanting to let me go " alright alright agápi (love) how have you been ? " he asks me .

I gasp at the word I haven't heard in a long time . To show him it does not bother me like he thinks it should I take in a breath and square my shoulders and put a space between us . " I have been good . Life has treated me fair can't really complain.  How about you ? " I ask him not wanting to be so subtle about him being here since this is a mafia party . " Life has been great . I took over my father's business last year which is why I am here tonight.  I had hoped to catch a meeting with the man who is over the party but to no such luck .  I heard Ghost would be here tonight and I thought I may have a meeting with him as well as the boss.  But as far as our crew knows ghost hasn't arrived . " He says " You are the second person I have heard speak of this ghost.  Maybe we all aught to call the ghost busters since so many of you seem to be looking for this mysterious person . " I say and he laughs as I giggle at my own joke .

In that moment I can feel Roberto is near I have no clue with why my body reacts to him this way we have never done anything he's never even kissed me . Mateo jerks me out of my thoughts as he twirls me out and then back to him.  Just as he was about to say something there is a tap on Mateo shoulder.  I see him visibly tense and turn only to be confronted by Roberto himself. I knew he was close I did not know he was that close . "Mind if I cut in ?" Roberto asks Mateo never taking his eyes off me . Mateo waves his hand dismissing Roberto.  " No we just started dancing " Mateo says as he starts to turn back to me . I lock eyes with Roberto I see the fury behind his eyes " You ready ? " he asks me . " Is it already time to go ? " I ask him as he looks down at his watch . " We have a good hour hour and a half left ." He says . I step back from Mateo I'm ready to get off my feet . " Yes . " I answer him. I turn to Mateo " You and I have alot to discuss and alot of catching up don't be a stranger.  " I tell him.  He hugs me once more before he releases me he says in a whisper . " I'm back at mom and dad's place for the weekend you should come over and visit . " Mateo says before he turns and walks away .

" Ready?" I ask as I turn to Roberto . He simply nods . As we start to walk he interlaces our fingers to where he is holding my hand . I shiver and then blush can the ground swallow me whole right now . Lucy get yourself together this man does not like you the way you think he does . He's a killer and a dangerous man . He can't be no more dangerous than I am . He can't have killed more people than I have . After all I am a hired hit for men like him .

With that thought I slide into the back seat . Just as Roberto walks around and gets in on his side . " Sorry about tonight is actually had hoped for a peaceful night.  Did you enjoy yourself ? "  Roberto asks as he turns to face me . I turn in my seat and face him our knees touch egnites a spark I've not ever felt flicker in my soul . He felt it to i seen the way his eyes flared with just the contact of my knee . " Despite all the drama tonight I had a great time . Except I rarely got to sit down or drink anything I'm parched , my feet hurt and I really need to use the bathroom . " I say .

Just as I finish speaking Roberto pulls my feet up and unclasp my shoes and slides them off my feet . I try to pull my feet away but he tightens his grip . " You do not have to do that . I'll manage when we get back to my place I have a massager for my feet . " I say to Roberto trying one more time to pull my feet away . " I am aware I don't have to do this . I want to do this . Had I not of left you alone tonight you would not have had to dance with everyone.  Which reminds me I will speak to my men about . By the way how do you know the last gentleman you was dancing with .  " He asks me as he begins to massage my feet .

Oh my gosh his hands are heaven " mmm can I just take you home and use you as my massager when I need one and throw the old one away . " I close my eyes and moan again as he hits the perfect spot on my arch . He chuckles and I realize I said that out loud " oh my gosh I'm so sorry I do not know why I said that please excuse me ." I tell him trying to hide my face.  He leans into me towering over me he removes my hands . " Never apologize for being open with me . Always tell me what's on your mind . That's one of the things I like about you you always tell me like it is . " He says and I open my eyes to see that he's covering my body with his.  I have never been this close to a man before other than when we are sparring .

I look down at his lips and back to his eyes before he I know it He's kissing me. I'm talking soul sucking organs touching , knock you on your ass kiss.  He pulls away and touches his forehead to mine " You have no clue how long I have wanted to do that " he says kissing my nose and then my forehead .