Chapter 24

(1132 words)

I walk into the room with my head held high . Roberto is the first person I notice . Victor grabs my attention by pulling me close to his side . " Everyone most of you have met Lucy here at the ball at my place a few weeks back . But you all met her as Lucy . I'd like to formally introduce you to Ghost , the one who holds all of your secrets . " Victor says introducing me officially to the room . 

  I grab my stack of calling cards , ones I have left at every scene of every job I have ever done for these men . So they would know who had did the job . If I didn't leave my card it meant someone else had a score to settle and did the job themselves . I walk around the room and place them down in front of every boss . Roberto takes a deep breath when I put one in front of him . Before he can speak to me I stand up and walk away . I stand back up at the front next to Victor . I hand him the last card . " I won't be staying long as I have other last minute details to tie up loose ends to finish . I just figured it was time you all knew who I was . Seeing as most of you have gotten pretty close a few times to figuring out who I am . I am officially leaving the decision up to you . I can either stay working for everyone being Ghost , which means I still do all the killing in this organization . Or I can let you all take back over and do the killings for yourselves to start countless wars again . Seeing as you all left me the decision whether or not I thought the jobs you would all send to me I got to decide if they lived or died ."  I say taking a deep breath .

 " seeing as I do not belong to one group I can either work for you all as one group or one of you can decide to make me an offer I can't refuse and I may take it ." I say addressing the group . 

 I look directly at Roberto after speaking . He truly looks like he has seen a Ghost . Put that in your pipe and smoke it . " Victor  and Toni are the only two people who have my new number to get in touch with me . Let me know what they decide . I will need everyone's answers by midnight . If I don't have your answer I will take that as you have officially signed your own death wish . Don't think I will just be disappearing from this scene . Especially since I just enveloped this life . " I say walking to the door .

 Before I leave I turn . " By the way the calling cards are your warning if you decide to do this on your own . You have officially marked your own self as my next target . You may as well have yor guys go ahead and dig your grave 's . Don't forget you'd never see it coming . I am as sly as a cat and as quiet as  a Ghost ! " I tell them as I walk out the door . Vinny is right behind me . As soon as the door closes . We hear the room erupt in Chaos before we hear Victors voice boom over the rest . Everyone goes silent . 

 " Well that went well . By the way you should know that room has never been that silent with that many men in that room . They usually speak over Victor or they are interrupting him. You really know how to get everyone attention . I am proud of you . " Vinny says walking me to the gate . He flicks his head to the left where Roberto's guys are standing . " Need me to walk you to your vehicle ?" Vinny asks me .  I look over at the guys " Nah I think I am good . I should be able to handle them ." I tell him before shaking his hand and walking out the gate . 

 I make my way over to my car but before I can get in I hear my name being called from behind me . I know that voice all to well . Roberto . I turn to see him speed walking over to my car . " What do you want Roberto I have things to do . I do not have time for you right now . " I tell him opening my car door . 

 Just as he walks up to me he shuts my door . " You and I really need to talk ." He says to me brushing his hands down my cheek down to my arm where he grabs my hand . I snatch my hand from him " I do not have time to talk to you . What more do you need to say to me that you didn't say the night you  left . I am pretty sure I am well aware that I am crazy . I have to be to have willingly let myself get involved with the mafia . " I tell him before I open my car door again . 

 Before I climb inside I turn to him " I gave you the chance to talk to me the day you walked out and the following few days . You waited till today of all days to message me to try to talk . I am done talking . You decide if you still want me to work for you if not then you and I have nothing more to discuss . You made that very clear when you said I was stupid if I thought you would believe that me of all people was Ghost . I guess you get to eat a piece of the truth pie today don't you . I wish I had a camera when you seen the truth for yourself . " I tell him  . 

 I turn back around and climb in my car and pull off leaving  a very stunned Roberto behind me . I don't have time to deal with him I have entirely to much stuff to deal with right now . Maybe in a few weeks time after I settle in with being Ghost I can speak to him again .