chapter 12

(1129 words)
The ladies from the dress shop have been starring non stop since I walked in Roberto was supposed to meet me here . As usual he's late . I turn to the sales lady helping me " I don't understand why you won't just show me the dress I'm here to try on . " I tell her . " I'm not sure you're who you say you are . You come in here and expect me to just give you a dress to try on so what you can walk out the door with my dress on.  I think not . " she says in clear annoyance . I walk away from her and out the store . I didn't come here to be embarrassed  . I really don't even know why I'm here to begin with .

I get about a half a block from the store and a vehicle pulls up beside me " Lucy what are you doing out here ? " Roberto says from the inside of his vehicle . I turn on my heel " I'm out here because I'm going home . I didn't come here to be humiliated.  I'm sure I have a dress for this stupid event anyway . I'll see you later . " I say as I turn to continue walking to where my place is.  I get about six steps and a hand catches my arm and spins me .

" Hey I'm sorry I'm late getting here but I want to get you this dress I'm sure it will be perfect on you . Who embarrassed you? ." Roberto asks me ." It's nothing.  I'll see you later for this party I'm going home I'm already over this day . " I tell him snatching my arm from his hold . " Just call me and let me know when I need to be ready . "I say walking off toward my place . I turn the corner and notice Roberto walking into the store.  I just roll my eyes . Men .

I need to find a way to get out of this mess I hate wearing dresses . I'm a pants and shirt kind of girl unless I'm working out and then I'm shorts and a  sports bra . I really should call or text Roberto to let him know I have changed my mind . I grab my phone out of my back pocket just as I round the corner of the last block to my apartment.  I hit Roberto's number 
L- hey I've changed my mind I can't go with you to this ball . Sorry find someone else who's more suited to your lifestyle to take with you .
It doesn't take long for a response to come through . 
R- you are coming with me no excuses I'm about to pull up to your place .
Wait what he's almost here.  Well I did walk and he did have a vehicle. 
L-  I'm not going you can't make me . Don't come to my place I am not in the mood to see anyone . 
R- to late we are here . Open the door .

Sure enough I walk toward the apartment and I see Roberto and his entourage are standing next to the door pressing my buzzer . It doesn't take me long to make it to the doors . I walk past Roberto and his men and enter my code  and open the door .  One of Roberto's men is carrying a garment bag and a shoe box . Great he's stubborn and relentless . Well he's met his match because I'm the same way . " Is everyone coming up ? " I ask turning my attention back to Roberto .

" Yes we all are coming up.  I won't be staying long I have some last minute arrangements to attend to . " Roberto says as we step into the elevator . I hit the button for my apartment and we ride up in an awkward packed silent elevator . I'm so glad when the elevator arrives at my floor . I'm the first one off the elevator . I make my way to my apartment and unlock the door.  I step inside and step to the side to let everyone in this is Roberto's first time in here . Last night he just dropped me off  he didn't come in . " Sit the bag and box on the couch and you guys can wait for me In the hallway I won't be long . " Roberto instructs his men . The one who was carrying the stuff in I step in front of before he can follow through with his order .
  " That won't be needed here you can take it back with you . " I tell him he states back at Roberto looking for guidance . He nods his head and the guy standing in front of me steps left and walks right past me . He sets everything down on the couch and walks out of my place . Roberto closes the door .  " I bought that for you.  You will wear it tomorrow .  I will be here to pick you up at 4:30 since we are a good ways away from where this will be held. Do you need someone to do your hair or makeup ? If so I can have someone come over tomorrow morning . " Roberto says taking a seat . " Are you deaf ? If so I can communicate with you in sigh language . " I tell him as he crosses his foot over his leg " Just open the bag and thank me . " He says proping his face up on his hand and rubbing his finger over his lip .

" If I open the bag will you leave ? " I ask him walking over to the couch . " Only if you tell me you'll be here tomorrow when I come by to get you for the party ! " He says I roll my eyes and puff out a breath and give in this man is incongrable "Fine I will go tomorrow only because once this is over we wont see each other anymore. " I say as I open the box to find royal blue shoes with silver intericat details .

These shoes are beautiful

These shoes are beautiful . I just hope I don't break my ankle in these heels . " These are pretty . I just hope someone catches me when I fall . I'm not good at walking in heels . " I tell him he chuckles " Open the garment bag " He says shifting in his seat . I put the shoe back in the box and grab the bag and open it and a very pretty navy dress lies inside

" I happen to like the cut of this dress I like your tattoo on your back and the meaning it stands for

" I happen to like the cut of this dress I like your tattoo on your back and the meaning it stands for.  So I figured you'd like it as well . I hope it fits . The other bags are just the garments for underneath the dress . I'll see you tomorrow . If anything doesn't fit take it and exchange it for the size you need. I'm sure it will fit though.  " He says as he stands and buttons his jacket back.