chapter 27

(1048 words)

I push myself away from Roberto and jump off the table.  "Why you and I have a lot to talk about right now isn't the time or the place I have stuff to do . I also have to give Victor and the rest of the group an answer . " I tell him as I walk over to the door .

Before I can open the door Roberto's hand lands on the top of the door in front of my head . " will you come by my place after here so we can talk and figure out our next move ?" Roberto asks me . I sigh and turn he's close to me . I look up at him and inhale his scent. Before I kiss him like I really want to do I push him away . " I have made my decision on who I will protect and who I will work for . I think we should let the other bosses in for this decision what do you think ?" I ask Roberto . He looks smug for someone who hasn't even heard who I will work for . Roberto walks over to the door and opens it wide . He whistles and gets everyone's attention " Ghost has made her decision and wishes you all to be present during this time ." He says stepping aside to let everyone enter .

Everyone enters and takes their seats again . I grab Victor before he sits down and pull him aside ." I may need your protection once I make my decision . " I whisper to him . He nods his head " You don't have to ask you will always have my protection . Just make sure you are making the right decision ." Victor says before walking to his seat and taking a seat . I take a deep breath and turn to face the men of the meeting .

I take a step and stand right behind Victor . I place my hand on his shoulder showing respect for him and also showing a sign to the men that I have his support if I need it .

" I have made my decision on who I will protect under Ghost and also have made the decision on who I will work for privately outside of Ghost . " I say taking a deep breath Victor squeezes my hand to give me his strength in this moment . He is letting me know I can do this . He's showing me he supports me and right now that show gets everyone's attention on me and Victor . I look down at him and nod . I walk around the table and collect everyone's cards I gave them yesterday . I even get Mateo's and Roberto's . I leave Viere's card on the table .

I walk back to where Victor is sitting . I hand him all my cards . Just as I am about to speak Viere interrupts me " What does this mean ?" Viere says . I walk down to his chair " Had you of let me talk before you asked the question you would know the answer to that question . " I say as I turn him in his chair . " I will work strictly and confidentially for Mateo . I know Roberto will be ok with remaining in his hires being blacked out . I left your card for you to decide . I can either shoot you right here and let your second in command work with me with the rest of these men . Or you can choose to continue to let me work for you through Victor . It is your choice this is why your card is still in front of you . " I tell Viere before I push up off of his chair and stand up and look over to Victor and then I look to Mateo and Roberto .

Roberto looks mad as hell and then he looks confident . Mateo looks ecstatic . He has a lot of explaining to do anyway I never knew my best friend was in the Mafia and then boom at a dance I find out . "Mateo you and I need to set up a meeting for next week so I can lay down some ground rules . Victor I will be taking my leave . Viere you have until tomorrow to give me the answer to my question . Don't worry I know where you will be so I will find you tomorrow . No need to call me to give me your answer . I will see you in the morning at seven a.m on the dot . Have your guys answer the door . If anyone touches a hair on my head I will have your head served to them on a platter . Don't think just because I am a woman that I can't handle my own . Surely all the wild ass job's you have given me I have proven myself to you." I tell Viere as I walk over to Roberto .

I push his chair back and set in his lap " This meeting is almost over Meet me back at your place when this is over and y'all are released . You and I need to continue our conversation . " I tell him before I lean down and kiss the life out of him . I hear Victor clear his throat . I take that as my signal . I pull away from Roberto's arms I place a kiss on his forehead and stand up . Roberto smacks my ass and winks " I'll see you back at my place " He says as he straightens his tie . I turn and look to Victor . " I have a busy week this week but will I see you this evening ?" I ask him . Most of the guys cock their heads to the side looking between me and Victor . Victor nods his head " See you this evening . Your place ?" He asks . I nod and take that as my chance to leave .