Chapter 26

(1419 words)

I look down to Victor and back up to the room . I see everyone look left and then right and then all we see is cards flying on the table . I look around and all but three cards hit the table . Roberto , Mateo and Viere . " Well now look at there Lucy that is way more men than what was discussed before that little display . " Victor says looking up at me . I shrug and walk around the table . My first stop is right in front of Mateo .

I place my hands on his shoulder ," What is your reason for not turning in your calling card ?" I ask him . He turns his head and winks at me . " Being you and I are really great childhood friends I didn't see the point in it . I don't want everyone knowing my business here any more . I want you to work for me still just not through the group . If you will accept . I promise to make this worth your while ." Mateo says .

I look at Victor who nods his consent . " It's your choice Lucy . But remember you can only freelance for one of these three men . The other will just have to choose death or having their business ran back through me again ." Victor says . I squeeze Mateo's shoulder . I let go of his shoulders and push off the chair and make my way over to Viere." What is the reason you didn't hand in your card ?" I ask him .

" To be honest I never wanted a Ghost to handle the business affairs of the Mafia . That hasn't changed at all but I could get used to you working for me . I also have a sun who is getting ready to take over my business . I wouldn't object if you and him met and started dating . He is also of age to be married . You are able to take care of yourself should you need to . You also know what it takes to be in the Mafia so for you to transition to being a wife for him should be no problem ." Viere says .

This causes me to laugh . " So let me get this straight . You didn't turn in your card because you want a wife for your sun ?" I ask cocking my eye brow while looking at Viere questioning . He nods his head pondering his answer ." That's right ." He says I lay my left hand on the table and bend until I am eye level . " I'm sorry sir but that's gonna be a no from me. So you can either let me work for you with the rest of the Mafia and the Mob or you can meet your maker . What's it gonna be ?" I ask him as I stood up to walk over to Roberto . I got halfway there when Viere spoke . " You will be sorry that you made this choice ." He said .

" I am pretty sure it will be you who will be sorry . I hope you make your decision before Victor and I make it for you ." I tell Viere continuing my way to where Roberto is sitting . I reach his seat . I turn him to face me . I lean down and out my hands on either side of his face . " So do you care to tell me why you didn't throw in your card ?" I ask him . He inhales my scent " Mmm you smell so good ." Roberto says in a low seductive voice . " Well thank you . Now tell me why you made this choice ?" I ask him .

He leans up and runs his nose along my jaw . " Because you are so irresistible . Because I need to speak to you . Because I blew everything way out of proportion . I want a chance to work with you . " Roberto says " You should have thought about that . I told you who I was before I decided to come out to the whole group . You could have had me in your group and in your bed . " I say pushing my finger into his chest . I lean up " You just had to blow it didn't you ?" I ask him . He pull's me down on his lap I yelp since it caught me off guard . Roberto looks to Victor " Can the group give me a minute ?" Roberto asks Victor who snaps once and everyone rises to their feet .

I always knew Victor was powerful but I am seeing just how powerful he truly is . I turn to Victor and he nods " I'll be right outside this door . The guys will be down the hall when you get ready let me know and I will have everyone to come back to the meeting ." He says as he walks out the door . Once the last guy is out Victor closes the door . I try to stand up from Roberto's lap but he keeps a tight grip on my hips . " Since you won't speak to me and since you changed your place and phone number . I have missed you Lucy . I am sorry I walked out on you . You gave me a lot to take in that night . " Roberto says burying his head in my chest .

 " Roberto says burying his head in my chest

" Look I am not here to make up with you . I am still pissed at you . I am here to figure out who I need to worry about and what I need to take care of . Now if you will let me go I need to resume this meeting I have other things to take care of today . For instance I need to sign over the gym to Issac . I also have to move the rest of my stuff into my place . I also need to buy new furniture . I do not have time for you . " I tell him . He doesn't release his hold on me though . He keeps me held on his lap .

" Look you have to look at this from my point of view . I had just found out the first woman I have ever had feelings for the one who I have told all my deepest darkest secrets to . I found out that you was the one person I had been infatuated with . You are the only person I have ever had any true feelings for . I really like you . My whole world crumbled around me that night . I was ready to f*ck the sh*t out of you and you tell me you are the person I have been trying to find this whole time .

You see Lucy in our life and you should know this you are the first woman to ever be in a high ranking position . You are , and I hate to admit this , stronger than me . You have killed more men than I have . You are probably better than I am . No man wants a woman like that . We are scared of a woman who is more than we are . To be honest with you Lucy you scare the sh*t out of me . " Roberto says burrowing deeper into my neck .

"Yes we look for a woman who can handle this lifestyle , but we look for a woman who is beneath us not above us . What you told me that night scared me . How would people look at me if they ever found out the truth that you are truly Ghost ?" Roberto asks me . To be honest I hadn't really thought about it from his point of view .

I wrap my arms around his head pulling him closer to me " I truly hadn't thought about it from that perspective . But Roberto you should have spoke to me instead of leaving like you did . " I tell him .