Chapter 14 - I Woke Up To The Sound Of Silence

"Almost ready, Harry?" Liam asked, picking up the boys suitcase and setting it on the bed. Harry was staring out the window, and turned when he heard Liam speak. He smiled slightly, nodding and then giggling, before hugging Liam tightly.

"Do I get to still see you?" Harry asked.

Liam smiled and sat on the bed, patting the spot next to him. Harry hopped up on the bed and looked up to Liam's brown eyes he had grown comfortable around.

"I'm going to help you settle in, but then, I don't know if you and I will see each other very often. My place is here, with my family," Liam said, putting his hand on Harry's shoulder gently. Harry huffed and then looked up through his eyelashes.

"But," He paused, thinking of the words he wanted, searching for the words that described his emotions, "We are...we are like...brothers now,"

And then Liam wanted to cry, because hell, that was the cutest thing he had ever heard of out Harry's mouth and it was adorable in the most amazing way. He felt the same way about Harry too, and tears filled his eyes slightly.

"I know," Liam choked, "But hey, we can always talk over the phone, right? And you'll know exactly where to put the phone, right?"

"Yes," Harry smiled, "My ear, and my mouth,"

Liam had finally taught Harry how to hold the phone, without having to constantly correct him. Harry was very proud that he could do it on his own too. Liam ruffled Harry's hair. He felt close to Harry, in the most brotherly way possible. He knew that Zayn had already filled that...other role.

"Liam?" Harry asked.

"Yes, Haz?" Liam asked.

"When Zaynie and I live in our castle, I'm going to invite you to come with us. You can live in the extra room, so I can still see you," Harry decided, clasping his hands tightly, his adorable little face looking serious. Liam chuckled and leaned in, kissing his forehead.

"Whatever you want," Liam agreed.

~

Zayn sat in his room, miles away from his baby, staring at an old painting. It was one of the first paintings he and Harry had ever made. Even though it wasn't very good or accurate, it was beautiful. There was a spot right at the bottom where Harry had spilled the paint. He had been so angry, crying and telling Zayn that it was ruined. But Zayn had managed to calm him and tell him that it added something special to the painting.

The tan boy let a smile work its way onto his face as he remembered the first time they had ever drawn.

*Flashback*

Zayn sat on the ground, his back to his father's door, tears streaming down his face. He could hear the cries and grunts coming from the other side of the door, but he couldn't manage to get himself to move. He needed to be there for Harry as soon as this torture was over.

"Ow," Harry's voice came through the wooden door, "It hurts," His voice was thick with tears. Zayn tried to contain himself, but he couldn't. He stood and put his body against the locked door, trying to break in, trying to save his brother.

"Stop it!" Zayn yelled, hitting his fists against the door again and again, "Don't hurt him!"

But there was no response to his voice, only more and more whimpers.

"Please,"Zayn cried, slumping back down to the ground. A sudden slap sounded out, and then was echoed by a cry in pain, so heart wrenching that Zayn thought he was going to go crazy. Zayn's body began to shake. He curled up in a ball, waiting for this to be over.

Minutes later, the door was opened and Harry was thrown into the hall. Zayn stumbled, covering the tear covered and broken boy, carrying him to his room and putting him on his bed, doing everything in his power to quiet him.

"Zaynie, it hurts, it hurts so bad," Harrycried.

"I'm so sorry, baby," Zayn cooed, stroking his cheeks.

"Feels so bad,"

"Let's do something, okay? Let's do something to distract you," Zayn insisted, walking over to his desk and grabbing a spare piece of paper and some paints, walking back to Harry, "Let's paint,"

"Don't know how," Harry mumbled.

"I'll teach you," Zayn said, preparing the paper and paint, putting the brush in Harry's hand and placing his hand over his brother's.

They painted something beautiful.

"We do this again," Harry said, looking up to Zayn. Zayn smiled and nodded.

"Yes, baby," He agreed, "Now let's go wash you up,"

*End Flashback*

Tears ran down Zayn's cheeks remembering that day like it was yesterday. So much had happened since then, it was overwhelming. But he simply took a deep breath and then fell back on his bed, waiting for someone to come and get him, telling him Harry was here.

~

"We close to Zayn now?" Harry asked from the backseat. Liam, who was sitting in the passenger's seat nodded and looked back to the boy.

"Close," Liam smiled. Mrs. Payne smiled from the driver's seat too, and turning the radio on quietly, just so Harry had something to occupy himself with while they drove. She knew how anxious the boy was to see his brother...his boyfriend.

"You'll like Zaynie," Harry giggled,"Right, Liam?"

Liam chuckled, "I'm sure I'll like him, considering how much you love him."

"Good," Harry said, pressing his nose to the glass and fogging it up. Liam smiled at his newly found baby brother, and couldn't help but to admire him. His positive attitude, his undying love for his brother, everything about this small blonde autistic boy.

After a few more minutes-which seemed like hours to Harry -the Payne's car pulled up in front of the biggest house Liam had ever seen.

And Harry...let's just say he was speechless.

"It's a castle!" Harry giggled, hopping out of the car as soon as it was parked. Liam jumped out after him, grabbing his hand in order to slow down. "Zayn inside?"

"Yes," Liam smiled, "He's right inside,"

"Let's go!" Harry yelled, pulling Liam behind him. They walked up the front path, stopping right in front of the door as it opened, a few shadowy figures standing there.

Harry's heart skipped a beat.

"Zaynie?"

________________________________________________________________

For all those meanies people yes I have permission from @zialltops to make louder than lions into Zarry bromance