(36) Aubri

Aubri.

"We just want to say a massive thank you to all of you who paid your money to come be here with us tonight and for all the support you've given us these past few years. You guys truly are amazing and we just can't thank you enough."

The crowd roars as Niall thanks the crowd they played in front of tonight and I have to turn the volume down on my laptop for fear of going deaf from the power of the screams coming through my laptop right now. I've been following the guys on every tour stop through social media. One night was vine, another there was a livestream in real time video, yet another night was an audio stream... which made me miss him that much more. Hearing the guys sing on the audio stream almost undid me. It sounded like Liam was singing just for me. Just to me.

I happen to glance over at my phone just in time to see it light up.Smiling at the caller ID, I slide the lock and answer.

"Babe, I miss you so freaking much."

Hiding my smile in my sweater and then remembering that Li can't see me, I blow him a kiss through the phone. "I miss you too. Come home soon?" I ask and I hear girls scream as well as movement.

"Li?" I pull the phone from my ear to see if the call disconnected.

"Sorry, I'm here. Just had to walk through some fans that were backstage. What are you doing?" Liam asks out of breath.

"Well... Loki and I are here watching movies and Chris went to get the food from downstairs."

Liam laughs, "How's work?"

I look over at the stack of manuscripts I have to read and edit and cringe, "I should probably be reading and editing but i'm so tired and I don't feel like it." I playfully add, "Want to switch jobs?"

Liam doesn't respond and I hear conversation in the background between Liam and another male voice that sounds a lot like Ashton, but i'm not exactly sure. After a few moments of catching snatches of conversation, Liam gets back on the phone.

"Hey babe, we have to get into the vans now so I'm going to call you-"

The phone cuts out and I sigh. Tour time is rough but today may have been one of the longer conversations that we've had since the guys left for their shows. Rubbing Loki's back, I walk into our bedroom and open Liam's dresser and pull out one of his shirts that still smell like him. Swapping my shirt out with his, I pull the white tee over my head, followed by his sweater and inhale. Putting his clothes on feel like being wrapped up in his arms and that's all I really want right now.

I miss him so much.

-

Harry's PoV.

I've watched Liam pace the floor at least 15 times since he bought that ring. He has no reason to be nervous about Aubri but after everything that happened with Sophia... can't say I blame him.

It's a really nice ring and I'm sure Aubri will love it.

We just want to say a massive thank you to all of you who paid your money to come be here with us tonight and for all the support you've given us these past few years. You guys truly are amazing and we just can't thank you enough."

Niall pulls out one of his in ears to hear the crowd we played tonight and I smile. Never did any of us imagine that this would be a reality for us. It's an amazing thing really. Glancing over at the other guys I can see Zayn and Liam is itching to get off the stage. They both are catching flights back home to see their ladies before the next tour stop and Liam is going to ask Aubri to marry him. I think he's also bringing her with him for our next stop in Ireland and I'm glad. Liam has been glued to his phone since the tour has started, at least with her with us, he'll have to surface at some point.

"Thank you all! Good Night!" I wave to the screaming crowd and laugh to myself as Liam and Zayn almost bolt off the stage to go grab their bags and go. Stepping into the backstage area, I can see Liam running, side stepping people to get into the chnaging room to grab his phone and hoodie.

I see him on the phone, visibly happy.

He's talking to her.

Fixing the hat on my head, I stop to take a few pictures with fans and grab my own things to head to the van to catch the private flight scheduled. Liam's up ahead talking to Ashton and I see him glance at his phone and then hold it up.

Probably lost service, I think to myself as I check my own phone. I've missed two picture messages from Harlee. Opening her messages, I smile. She's sent me her sonogram from her first doctors appointment and our baby looks perfect. Smiling, I save the pictures to my camera roll and make a mental note to text her as soon as I get some decent service. I'll surprise her in a few hours when I land.

Safely securing this phone, I pull out another phone that I use and plug my headphones into it. Not going to put her and my child in danger if I ever lost a phone. I hate that we're a secret but it's safer this way.

Wondering how Liam is going to pull this engagement off when he has to go through airport security. The fans and the workers could very well leak his surprise before he gets there. Hoping for the best, I hop into a van and press play, drifting off to sleep during the short car ride.

I'm going to be a dad and Liam is getting engaged to her friend. What are the odds?