Fix your makeup & get on with it

Sophia.

"How can I decide what's right? When you're clouding up my mind?

You won't take away my pride... No, not this time."

"Pretty girls don't cry. They get even."

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I wipe away the last of the tears making their way down my cheek and grab a wipe off my vanity table to wipe away the smudged makeup, pausing briefly to gaze at the framed picture on the vanity of a happier time with Liam.

Before she came and messed everything up for me.

After reapplying my makeup to perfection, I remove the delicate Audrey Hepburn-esque tiara that I had worn to a costume party back when Liam wasn't confused about what he wanted. Re-affixing the trinket to my head, I admire myself in the mirror.

I look damn good and if he can't see that... I'll just have to see to it that he does. Without any inturruptions from her.

Quickly swiping my finger across the screen of my phone, I dial up a number that was given to me in confidence a long time ago. Never that that I would need it though. Never thought I'd have the heart to call either. "No. Stay focused." I remind myself as each ring makes me more apprehensive.

It has to be done.

"There is something, I see in you. It might kill me but I want it to be true."