Her Asylum

Aubri.

Sophia smirks at me before the pipe connects with her face, a crunching noise telling me I broke something, before she crumples into a heap on the ground.

My vision is hazy and movements groggy as I feel my way through this frozen space we're in. Stumbling to a door, I try it and its locked. Shaking the knob, the rusted thing breaks off in my hand. Glancing back at her to soothe myself that she's knocked out, I take the pipe and begin attacking the door, the metal frame mocking me by only denting.

Glancing around, I see a semi opened window and I ungracefully climb through that, groaning when I realize its a dummy window.

"Of course it is, this is a madhouse." I laugh to myself, despite everything at stake.

Realizing that the dummy window leads to a hallway, I take off running, my bloodied hand prints leaving a trail as I need it to steady myself. Reaching the end of that hallway, I feel tears prickling my eyes that this door is wooden. After plancing a few well aimed hits, the door frame splinters and I pull away the door, ignoring the stinging pain from the wood splinters digging into my fingers.

I'm going to live.

Stepping out into the dimly lit hallway, I start running towards the light, before a fist stops me in my tracks.

"Thought you were leaving so soon?" Sophia sneers, a thick line of blood coating her hair and forehead.

Balling my hands into fists, I stand up and we circle each other. I'm holding the pipe and she has replaced her scalpel with a sizeable hunting knife.

"I tried to show you some respect since you are having my baby," she grits. "You just had to be rude about it. Now you'll die like an animal."

Not today.

Charging her with the pipe, I connect with her side and she yells out in pain while lunging with the hunting knife, that I narrowly manage to evade to bring the pipe down on her neck. She coughs and chokes for air, stumbling backwards towards the wall and I run down the hallway, eager to put as much space as possible between us.

Her laughter irritates me as she struts down the hallway, her heels clicking as she, in a sing song voice says "you'll never escape me. I know this place like the back of my hand. But if you want to play, we can play."

Not today.