Part 19, I'm Your Captain

Ariana P.O.V

In studio 1 everyone is in small groups all over the place, so I haven't missed anthing important. I say hi to Chloe, Tania, Evelyn and a few others. Then I walk over to Perri and hug him. I talk to him and Mitchell until Ms.Kate and Ashley come in and ask us to gather round.  "Welcome back to rehearsals for nationals. Nationals is a much bigger competition, so me and Ashley have decided that we need a dance captain" says Ms.Kate. "Any volunteers?" She asks. Lola and Ike step forward. "Ok this is how it's going to work, you both have an hour, I am going go give you both three people, you have to show them a routine, and perform it with them. Then everyone will vote on the routine they like most, and that person will be dance captain." "Ike you will be dancing with Alfie, Evelyn and Chloe, and Lola, you will be dancing with James, Jordan and Ariana." I roll my eyes. Will you two groups go find rooms to rehearse in please. I get up and walk with Jordan behind Lola and James. I don't want Lola to be dance captain, and now I have to help her? So unfair. She choreographs a routine and teaches us. Lolas style is very hip hop, she has no special moves, she can't do flips, so it was kind of rubbish. She rushed us, and me Jordan and James didn't even know it properly. I ask her to go over one part again, and she refuses. No way she should be dance captain. Me Jordan and James help eachother and eventually get it. Then it is time to peform. James goes up to Ike and they whisper for a while, before he comes back. Perri, Tania, Chloe, the rest of diversity and my studio all sit on the benches. Ms.Kate and Ashley stand at the front with a clipboard, ready to judge. Ikes style of dance is pretty similar to Lolas, so this should be a bit hard for the voters. Ikes routine is really good. Then it's our go. We all take our positions. The routine is basically just showcasing Lola. Then all of a sudden, James starts bumping into us and marking it on purpose. He bumps into me at one point, so I push him back and say don't push me, then I carry on the routine, and everyones a mess by the end because of James. I realise Ike must have told him to mess up, since Ike and James are quite close. At the end everyone is looking at us. Lola, embarrassed, turns to me and shouts "This is all your fault" "How?" I ask "James is the one that was pushing all of us" I say pointing to him. Then Ms.Kate walks and asks James what that was all about. He said he slipped. Yeah right. Ike ended up winning dance captain, and when we are walking back to the benches, Lola shouted at me that she would never forgive me for this, and I told her she would have been a rubbish dance captain anyways.