SPIN OFF CHAPTER

Hey there!  So I was bored cause I'm off for the summer (yay!) and I wasn't ready to start the next chapter so I'm doing a spin off chapter.  I had a whole bunch of little scenarios, mostly with Ashton that I couldn't exactly include, since the story is in Roxie's perspective.  I don't know what else to say...these are super random but maybe, hopefully, they will be enjoyed and loved and maybe they will even earn a vote or two.  Tell me what you think!  

Ashton's POV

 It was the last day of 2nd grade, and me and Evan were on our way home, walking from the bus stop.  We were walking side by side, when I stopped to take off my school uniform jacket, to shove it in my blue My Little Pony backpack.  

"What are you doing?" he questioned, eating a lollipop from one of the goodie bags we got in school

"Rock stars don't wear dress jackets"  I said proudly, slipping a red bandana on my head, which I pulled from the front pocket of my backpack.  Bandanas weren't allowed in school, but I always had mine with me.  I slung the backpack over my shoulder and continued to walk with him, digging through my goodie bag.  

"Why do you want to be a rock star so bad?"  he questioned

I started opening a pack of skittles, "Because they make a lot of money and make cool music and they don't have to go to school anymore and they make people happy."  I shoved a whole bunch of skittles in my mouth, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

He hesitated for a second, pushing his blonde hair out of his eyes, "A business man!"

"Ew that's so boring."  I snickered.

"Is not!"  he retorted, as we ran towards my house.  My mum was waiting for me.  She promised me she would take me to the music store, and I couldn't wait.  I would always go there to play the drum kits and look through the racks and racks of CDs  and vinyl records.

"Hi Evan." my mum waved as Evan passed our house to head to his house, just down the street from mine.  He waved goodbye to me and told me he would call me tomorrow to plan our movie night sleep over.

My mum gave me a big hug, squeezing me tight before we got into the car, taking my backpack from me.  She handed me the stack of CDs from the front seat, just like always, "Pick what you want to listen to love."

I handed her a Goo Goo Dolls CD and she put it into the CD player.  I sang along to the CD, knowing all the words, drumming along to the beat on my lap.

When we got to the music store, I ran right to the back of the store with my My Little Pony backpack, pulling my drum sticks from the back pocket.  I hopped onto the stool in back of the shiny red drum set, swinging my feet back and forth, admiring the drums in front of me.  

My mum watched me, with a big smile on her face.  "Mummy, this is the one I want."  I said, standing up from the stool so I could hit the foot pedal.  

Two months later, for my birthday,  the same shiny red drums were in my bedroom with a big red bow on it and a tag that said, "Happy Birthday my little rock star."

--------------

 Ashton's POV

"She's not coming mate, face it."  Michael said, as he tuned his guitar.

"Yeah I think Mikey is right...we go on in 5 minutes and she's still not here."  Luke agreed, as he fixed his quiff while Calum sat next to him texting, nodding his head in agreement.