Chapter 29: Can't Have A Party Without Drama

IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY PLEASE VOTE.  GO BACK AND VOTE FOR THE CHAPTERS YOU ALREADY READ BUT DIDN'T VOTE FOR PLEASE.  I would really appreciate it.  If you tell me you voted I will vote for your stories :)

After about 3 drinks, I finally relaxed and was able to enjoy the party.

I sat on the side while I watched Ashton circulate from person to person thanking them and giving them hugs and high fives.

When the boys said how many people they invited, they weren't kidding.  The house was packed, inside and out.  The best part was that the music was loud, there was plenty of food and everyone was laughing and smiling.

The atmosphere was incredible.

The pure joy from Ashton's face hadn't disappeared since the moment we stepped in the door and everyone yelled surprise.  After thanking almost everyone, he made his way back to where I was sitting.

"You also can throw big ass parties?  What can't you do?" he gushed.

I took a sip of my drink, "Don't thank me, thank your band mates."  I laughed, motioning to Michael, Calum, and Luke who were charming a group of girls.

Just then a girl across the room caught my eye.  She had a pretty black dress on that showed way too much of her toned body.  Her blonde hair was done in an elegant undo with crystal pins.  Her back was turned towards me so I couldn't see her face, but there was a tall blonde guy with his arm around her waist.

There was something about her that was bothering me.

I nudged Ashton, "Hey who's that guy over there?  The one in the blue dress shirt and black slacks."

He took a swig of his beer, "Oh Niall?  That's a lad that we went on tour with awhile back.  He flew all the way from Ireland to be here.  Crazy isn't it?  I think he's here with his girlfriend...Anna or something."

Oh her name wasn't Anna.  It was Amber.

I remember her telling me about Niall a few months ago on our mall trip back when we were friends. 

The thought of her in my house made my blood boil.  She knew it was my house, yet she came anyway?

"Roxie?  You okay?"  Ashton asked, taking my hand in his and squeezing it tight.

I smiled, "Of course.  I'm fine."

----

I circulated the party a bit, meeting new people with Ashton until he got pulled away by Calum to greet some other guests.

I saw Niall by himself on the patio,  minus my ex-best friend and decided to head outside.

As soon as he saw me he beat me to it and introduced himself with his thick Irish accent, "Excuse me Miss...you're Roxie right?"

I nodded, holding my hand out to shake his as I shot him an innocent smile, "That's me.  You're Niall right?"

He laughed, "Indeed.  I suppose my lad Ash mentioned me quite a bit."

I didn't want to lie to him and tell him that Ashton had never told me much about him, "Of course, thank you for coming tonight.  It meant a lot to Ashton that you were here."

He waved his hand, "My pleasure!  I had to pay my girl a visit anyway so it worked out.  Beautiful house you have here."

"Thank you.  Did you bring your girlfriend with you tonight?"

After taking a swig of his beer he answered, "Of course!  I couldn't leave her home."

"I would love to meet her, I'm sure she's lovely." I said sweetly.