Chapter 18

Ian flexed his jaw as his lawyer handed him the Release of Liability form. He pondered if he was doing the right thing. His lawyer noticed his doubt, "Ian, there is nothing wrong with protecting what's yours, how do you know this woman didn't targeted you?"

Ian gave him a cold glare as he stuffed the agreement into his coat pocket, " You're wrong, but I'll think about it."

He turned to take his leave but paused as he heard him speak. His lawyer scoffed as he lit a fat cigar, "Suit yourself, remember what Dedra did to you. In the end they are all alike."

Ian slammed the door and headed to his sisters.

*****************
Sofie smiled as she answered the door. She pressed her index finger to her lips to keep Ian quiet. She lead him to the living area and smiled. Ian's irritating mood immediately disappeared as he saw his sweet nephew Chase passed out on a smiling Brooke.

He continued to stare as Sophie whispered, "She is the sweetest thing Ian, I know it's none of my concern, but please keep this one."

He smirked as he continued to stare at the young beauty, but it eased away as he thought back to the paper work in his pocket. He watched as Sofie leaned down and gently pull Chase from her chest and cradled him.

Ian eased down to her and stroked her hair line, "Brooke, its time to go. I have a surprise for you."

She smiled warmly to him, "Did you get all of your business done in town?"

Ian tried to keep a fake smile, "Yes, but it is time to go."

Sofie and Brooke said their goodbyes while Ian watched with a heavy heart. "Will she forgive me, if I lose her?" He pushed the thought from his mind as he anticipated her surprise.

*******************

Brooke gasped at the sight of their future destination, "Is that your island?"

Ian chuckled as he kissed her nickels, "Yes it is." He studied her expression as the helicopter eased down on the landing pad. He gently helped her down and lead her to the main house.