Chapter 1

Chapter 1
The Roadtrip

Kino kept his eyes on the bonfire's flames, almost shutting out any sound at the moment. He was sitting by the bonfire near the shore with his friends. They have been spending a lot of time in Shinwon's beach house.

"KINO!" Wooseok called with his familiar, deep voice.

He finally snapped out of it, looking at his friend a little startled. "What?" Kino asked.

His best friend sighed, refilling his plastic cup with rum. "This is the last refill." Wooseok said, raising an eyebrow.

Kino wanted the whole bottle. He wanted to get drunk just to fall asleep in a blink of an eye.

"We were saying," Shinwon said, "that we should go on a road trip. Well, at least before we take on real adult responsibilities." He said before shoving the alcohol down his throat.

"We can take my van." Hongseok offered.

"And the girls are pretty much free, too. It'll be a blast before their senior year starts." Changgu said.

Wooseok nudged at Kino. "What do you say? You in?"

He shook his head slowly before drinking the rum. "I'm coming if you guys plan it out."

"Ah, right! Yuto is coming and staying for a month too." Wooseok said with light in his eyes.

Kino nodded. "Let's do it then!"

Almost the rest of the night was spent mentioning places they wanted to visit and contemplating how they would all fit in Hongseok's van and for how long they would be doing the road trip.

By the end of the night, they've all gone back to Shinwon's beach house, to the guestrooms assigned to them. Kino and Wooseok, as usual, were in one room together.

He was too exhausted to utter any words at all as he threw himself on bed. Both he and Wooseok laid flat on their backs, staring at the ceiling. Kino's eyelids were getting heavier when Wooseok let out a huge sigh.

"What's wrong?" He asked him, sensing that his best friend was somehow not telling him something that's bothering him.

"Kino-ya," He muttered.

"What?"

"I'm going to the army." He said.

Kino's drunkness slipped away just a bit as he propped his elbow on bed and rested his chin on the palm of his hand, squinting at his friend in the dark of the night. "What are you saying?"

Wooseok sighed deeper. "I've decided I want to do it early, so I can get rid of two years and live the rest of my life after that."

"Well, that's a smart thinking. Should I join you?"

Kino could almost imagine his frown as he heard him snort. "Stop it. You already got an awesome job offer in Cube Entertainment." Wooseok breathed deeply again. Something was definitely bothering him, Kino thought.

"What makes you sigh so heavily?" Kino asked him.

And Wooseok sighed again. "Kele, man. I don't want to leave her for two years. I haven't even told her. Do you think she could wait for me? Do you think she would?"