Epilogue

Epilogue
Winter January
ㅡㅡㅡ❄ㅡㅡㅡ

Hongseok paced back and forth inside his room in the penthouse. Changgu watched him quietly. "Dude, just breathe. She's gonna say yes."

"What if she doesn't?" He asked worriedly.

"She will." Shinwon said, patting his shoulder with a smack.

Outside, they could hear the music blasting. It's a New Year's Eve party with his friends in the penthouse.

"What if she thinks it's too soon?" Hongseok asked again.

Changgu sighed. "You know what? Just do it, man."

"Right." Shinwon agreed, and then they came out of the room.

It was fifteen minutes to the new year. He and the other two went back to their friends by the hot tub. Hongseok had talked to his friends about tonight.

Kele and Yeeun were grilling meat and chatting. Hyunjoo and Seunghee were in the pool along with Yuto. Kino was sitting in front of him off the water.

Hongseok sat beside him. "Yuto, when are you going back to Japan?"

"Why? Am I overstaying my welcome?" He asked with a grin.

"Of course, not. I just thought you'd be here for the summer only."

"There's nothing to do in Japan for a while. I'm actually looking for a job here in Korea."

"Seriously?" Changgu asked him.

Yuto nodded and chuckled. "But I have to find my own place or I'll wear Wooseok's house down."

"Yah, are you even allowed in the water?" Shinwon asked Kino who frowned.

"No, that's why I'm not in the water." He replied.

"How is your recovery though?" Hongseok asked, looking at Hyunjoo while she chatted with Seunghee.

"Are you really curious about my recovery or are you just trying not to think about your Next Big Thing?" Kino asked with a smirk.

Hongseok widened his eyes at him. "Yah! Keep quiet."

"As if she'd hear with this music."

A couple minutes passed and then Shinwon changed the music into a soft one. He handed the mic to Hongseok who began singing once again just for Hyunjoo.

Seunghee helped her friend out of the water and wrapped a towel around her. Hyunjoo's eyes were wide and her smile was shy. Something Hongseok would always probably love about her.

In the summer, as the lilacs bloom
Love flows deeper than the river
Every moment that I spend with you
We were sat upon our best friend's roof
I had both of my arms around you
Watching the sunrise replace the moon

How would you feel, if I told you I loved you?
It's just something that I want to do
I'll be taking my time, spending my life
Falling deeper in love with you
So tell me that you love me too