Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Summer Has Come & Gone

• •

Kele sent Wooseok away to the military by the end of summer in a tearful temporary good bye. She swore she would be strong and she would wait for him. She would visit him when allowed.

The end of summer when she packed for college again was quiet. It was raining heavily outside. The whole atmosphere at home was almost suffocating. Her parents were at work. Kino hadn't been talking a lot. He's been transfered home and he's been putting so much focus on his therapies. He lost his job slot in Cube Entertainment. And Yeeun hadn't shown up again.

When Kele found out that most of them were free this summer, she didn't think it would end in such a heavy note.

Everything seemed to be falling apart.

Seunghee and Shinwon haven't fixed their relationship. She heard from Hongseok that the latter was thinking about enlisting soon too.

Changgu was quickly changing. She heard he'd been visiting different clubs in Seoul lately with his other friendsㅡHyojong and Hwitaek.

Seungyeon? She's debuting soon and she's over the moon about it as long as you don't remind her of things she had left behind.

Hongseok and Hyunjoo are going stronger. They're probably the only ones ending the summer in a good note.

Hopefully, Kele thought, by the next few months things would get better. She knows it's autumn and it's always raining, but she hoped a little rainbow would be able to reach her friends.

🍁🍁🍁

Kino received flowers every single day. How did she expect him to move on if she kept on making him miss her?

It's so easy to give in to the sadness that enveloped himㅡbut if he wanted to get his life back, he had to work hard. So, instead of jailing himself in his room like what he wanted to do, he trained harder each day with a broken heart. Broken bones get better and heal; he wondered if it's the same for the heart this time.

They stopped in front of Kele's dorm. She gave a tight hug to their parents. "I'll see you guys this Christmas!" She said, smiling.

He wondered if she was really feeling alright after Wooseok left. He couldn't be there enough for her because his own baggage felt so heavy.

Kele turned to him, grinned and pulled him in a hug. "Uh... do we do hugs now?" He asked, smiling a little.

"This is awkward, right?"

"Yeah, you should pull away."

Kele squeezed him in a tighter hug. "Please don't push yourself too hard. I won't be there to catch you when you fall, you know. Maybe, you know, your little sister would worry less." She said pulling away.

"Just focus on your senior year."

"I'm serious, Kino. You'll heal in time. You can't force yourself above your limit. It'll just get worse."

He nodded. "Fine. Are you really younger than me?"

"Just about two years anyway." She said with a grin. Dad helped her carry her luggages and then she waved good bye to him and their mom.

They both went back inside the car. His mom let out a sigh, but she was smiling... and are those tears in her eyes? "You and your sister have grown up so well. I am so proud of you both."