Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Scavenger Hunt

🚙🚙🚙

After they shared a dinner around the campfire with foods they grabbed from a convenience store earlier, Hongseok announced that he and Hyunjoo prepared a scavenger hunt game.

“Does that mean you two are excluded?” Shinwon asked with a frown.

“Yes!” Hongseok answered way too brightly. If Kino didn't know well, his friend is just too glad to have some private time with his girlfriend. “We scattered some items in the woods for you to find. Be careful not to be eaten by wild animals.”

“Stop exaggerating. We're in a camping zone.” Kino said.

Hyunjoo laughed while she distributed the lists.

Hongseok continued anyway, “Anyway, team up in two to three. We will be waiting right here. You have an hour.”

“Only an hour! You have likeㅡtwenty impossible things to find listed here!” Kele complained.

“Where's the fun in an easy game, Kele?” Hongseok asked with a smirk.

“So, who are you guys teaming up with?” Hyunjoo asked.

Wooseok immediately held Kele's hand. “We're a team!”

“I'll go with Changgu.” Yuto said.

“So that leaves Shinwon and Seunghee, Kino and Yeeun. Okaaay! Talk strategies first. Game starts in two minutes.” Hongseok said, putting his arm around Hyunjoo's shoulder before they all walked off to Hongseok and Changgu's tent and sat there talking in hushed tones.

Kino read the list with Yeeun by the bonfire.

HongJoo Scavenger Hunt List

He groaned. “Did they just ship themselves?”

Yeeun chuckled. “Cute.”

1. Clover leaf [+20]
2. Ant [+20]
3. Butterfly [+23]
4. Something soft [+10]
5. Something white [+10]
6. Round rock [+5]
7. Stick [+5]
8. Book [+10]
9. Something man-made [+10]
10. Something alive and green [+23]
11. Something to eat [+20]
12. A fruit [+15]
13. Flower [+5]
14. Something that makes noise. [+24]
15. Bottle cap [+10]

Overall points: 200
“May the odds be ever in your favour.”
ㅡHongseok & Hyunjoo

“Do you know what scares me?” Yeeun asked him.

“What?”

She grimaced. “Something alive and green! Like, seriously, green? What could that be? Jeez.”

Kino chuckled. “Don't worry, if we find one I'll get it for us.”

“Take your bags, guys! But each person can only bring two things!” Hongseok announced. “You have one more minute.”

Kino and Yeeun looked at each other like their eyes were speaking and then sprinted off to their own tents with a grin on their faces.