Ch.5 Unexpected Guest

Hi there again! I hope you all had a wonderful day, you deserve to be happy! anyways, here's the next chapter! :)

---------------------------------------------

Percy's P.O.V

I woke up to an empty bed. Where did Nico go? I quickly jumped up, taking notice of a blanket sliding onto the floor. Who was kind enough to cover me up? I swiveled my head around the room in desperate search of Nico. he shouldn't be out of bed, he's still too weak. Just as I was about to run off to get help, I noticed a figure slouched down on the floor behind my chair. Nico's thin legs were sprawled out on the ground, while his arms were dangling by his side. With his head flopped to the side, he looked adorable... Wait, did I just call one of my best friends adorable? There has got to be some thing wrong with me...

I snapped out of my thoughts as a quiet groan sounded from the sprawled out figure on the floor. Immediately, I rushed over to his side. I grabbed his arm to help him up, but quickly let it go again. He was as cold as ice! I placed my hand on his forehead, which happened to be the only place that radiated heat on his body. This isn't good... I looked down, deep in thought. Why was Nico on the floor? And who put that blanket on me? That's when everything clicked. The answer was Nico. Sometimes, he's too kind for his own good. I snapped my eyes up to check on him, to find his eyes already fixed on me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" He replied, groggily.

"The blanket. I know you're the one who put it there." I gave him one of my 'looks'. Nico sighed and let his gaze fall to the floor.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Well, you don't have to apologize for being nice, but for next time, don't worry about me, you're the one who's in the infirmary, not me."

"Okay." He replied while rubbing his arms.

"Jeez, you're freezing, aren't you? Let's get you back in bed." I started putting my hands under his back, but he shifted away, with a look of pain on his face.

"I'd rather not be touched. Don't be offended, I just don't like it." He stated.

"Okay, so how are we gonna do this?" I asked, just as the door swung open.

"Do what?" Leo asked excitedly. "Are we going to build something? Or maybe it's baking a cake?"

"Nope, we need to get Nico back in bed." I replied.

"Okay well that should be easy for us, I mean, he can't weigh more than 90 pounds." Leo said, as Nico visibly winced at the mention of his weight.

"He doesn't want to be touched." I answered.

"Okay I'll grab some crutches for him to use." Leo exclaimed as he skipped off to who-knows-where. Nico simply nodded in response. The minutes spent waiting for Leo's arrival were spent well, if I do say so myself. I got to really look at Nico. As I studied him, he studied me. It was absolutely silent. The kind of comfortable silence that can only occur between two people who are really close. I've known Nico for a couple of years, but it feels like I've known him for much longer. As I studied him, it was as if time didn't exist. I wasn't sure if it had been three hours or three minutes, when Leo came back carrying some wooden crutches.

"Here you go." He smiled, as he handed them over to Nico. Nico nodded in thanks and began to haul himself back on his feet. After a few minutes, and quite a few groans of pain, Nico was back in bed. I grabbed a piece of ambrosia from a cupboard above Nico's temporary bed, and handed it to Nico.

"Hopefully, you should be okay to leave by tonight." I suggested.

"Good, I don't think I can take much more of these white walls." Nico grumbled.

"Well, I have to go on border patrol, and since Nyssa's sick, Chiron asked me to see if you could fill in for her." Leo said.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said, reluctant to leave Nico.

"Cool, let's go. Bye Nico!" Leo yelled as he strolled out the door.

"I'll come back after lunch, okay?" I asked Nico.

"You don't have to, you should spent your free time doing what you want, not looking after me." Nico replied, as he gazed to the space directly to my left, not meeting my eyes.

"Yeah, but I want to be here." I smiled, and then turned, and exited the infirmary. As I walked through camp, I noticed a few couples sitting together under the trees, and couldn't stop myself from thinking of Nico. I bet if he got into a relationship, they would have to have only indoor dates. I swear, that kid would probably burn after five minutes in the sun. My thoughts cleared as I noticed the two figures standing by Thalia's tree, where I had to go for border patrol. Leo and my dad.

---------------------------------------------

There you go! Chapter 5 is officially done! :) I just want to say thank you for all the reads and votes, it really means a lot to me! Keep it up! :) -T