Ch.6 The Offer

Two updates in one day? Yup, because I love you! Hahaha! Here you go!

---------------------------------------------

Percy's P.O.V

I approached the Sea God and my flaming friend hesitantly. What was my dad doing here? The moment I got close enough to hear what they were saying, they stopped talking. I looked at them suspiciously, as I approached.

"What's going on?" I asked. My dad's ocean blue eyes settled on me calmly as he began laughing. It was a laugh of pure happiness and delight. I was starting to get nervous. He settled down and wrapped me in a hug. It was one of the strangest thing that has ever happened to me, and considering the fact that I'm Percy Jackson, that's saying something. Hugging my dad had a slight drowning feel to it. It was as if the waves of the ocean were crashing down on me repeatedly, slowly crushing the breath out of me. When he let go, I had to take a few seconds to regain my breath. Although, the hug was also full of an almost swaying comfort of a lazy day on the water. It was also a little awkward considering Leo was standing right there.

"So... Not to be rude or anything, but why are you here?" I asked. Completely ignoring my question, He turned to Leo.

"Would you excuse us? I need to talk to my son in private." He asked gently.

"Yeah, of course!" Leo smiled slyly at me as he left. When he was out of sight, my dad turned back to me.

"I have a proposition for you, but it's completely up to you if you want to take me up on my offer or not."

"Um... Okay, shoot." I replied, intrigued.

"Okay, my assistant in my kingdom under the sea, has asked for the next month off, which I gladly gave him." He replied, anxiously staring at me, as if he'd asked me a question.

"So?" I asked. He sighed in defeat.

"So, would you like to fill in for him until he get's back. It would only be for about a month or so, and it would mean the world to me." He smiled.

"I... um..."

"You don't have to decide right now, I'll be back tomorrow for your answer." And with that, he was gone. Woah! This was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Usually I would have jumped at the chance, so what was holding me back now? I sat down on half blood hill and spent the next two hours mulling over the information. It wasn't until my stomach growled that I realized what time it was. I glanced down at my watch to see the numbers 6:30. Damn, I forgot to go see Nico! Just as I was scrambling down the hill, the horn blew for dinner. I hadn't eaten all day, and my stomach was practically steering me to the pavilion. I grabbed my plate and sacrificed a portion to my dad and then took a seat at the Poseidon table. I scarfed down my extra-lean steak and potatoes, and then bolted to the infirmary. I opened to door to find it completely empty. I guess Nico felt well enough to leave. But I had to see him, to apologize for leaving him all alone earlier. I closed the infirmary door behind me as I set off to the Hades cabin.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter, but I had to end it there so the next chapter will fit into the story. Hope you all have a great day or night! And don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks! :) -T