Scarred for life

A/N: this is right after the fountain scene in the extended edition of Unexpected Journey. Reader must help Lindir cope with seeing naked dwarves. Also, I think Lindir as a father would be the cutest thing ever!

Lindir shivered at the memories of the true horror he had seen today. "Naked dwarves. Y/n will truly be horrified." He thought as he walked through the quiet and dark valley. The distant sounds of dwarfish laughter filled his pointed ears as he entered his home. He smiled as he saw his little elfling run towards him. "Ada!" she cries as he bends down to scoop her up and kiss her check. "Hello my little moon and stars. Where is nana?"

Taneniel giggles and wraps her little arms around her Ada's neck. "She's in the library. Ada, are there really dwarves here?" Lindir nods and puts her down. "Go get ready for bed meleth. I'll come check on you in a few minutes, then I'll tell you all about the dwarves, and how they don't like green food!" Taneniel gasps. "Okay Ada!" she exclaims and runs to her room. Lindir smiles after her, thanking the Valar above for his moon and stars. Though she was born twenty years ago, they had become some of the best years of Lindir's long life.

Y/n sat in the chair reading over some scripts of ancient writings. She didn't even realize when Taneniel had left the room. "Taneniel?" You question looking up from her reading. After not hearing a response from her daughter, Y/n quickly gets up, frantic to find her daughter. You quickly open the door and begin to rush out, but only into the arms of your husband.

"Meleth nin, what is it?" He asks seeing your frantic face. "Taneniel is not in the library. She....Lindir please move so I can find her!" He smiles and kisses your forehead. "Our little moon and stars is getting ready for bed. She came in when I got home and asked about the dwarves." You chuckle at his face when he makes his remark about the dwarves. "And how are the dwarves fairing in our city of refuge?"

Lindir cringes at the memory of the fountain and sits down. "I fear meleth, that I am scarred for life." "What do you mean?" you ask taking his hands in yours. "Lindir...." say gently caressing his fingers. "They were bathing in the sacred fountain." (Don't know what it's actually called, work with me here) he says and cringes.

"The sacred fountain?!" You repeat.

"Yes."

Your eyes widen as you cover your mouth. "What did Lord Elrond do?" Lindir shakes his head. "Nothing....at first. He then went to find Mithrandil to sort them out." You suppress a giggle, for the sake of your husband. You thought the situation was funny, yet Lindir found it absurd.

"Why are you laughing? This is not funny Y/n!" You can't help but laugh audibly now. "Meleth, I am laughing at your reaction. Love, I believe that you have over reacted. The dwarves will leave us soon." You say gently, still trying to keep from giggling.

Lindir laughs, for your melodious laughter could soothe any pain that had inflicted his heart. He leans his forehead against yours and closes his eyes. "You're right." You nod.

"I know."

You both sit there until a sharp cry interrupts the tender moment. "Ada! Nana!"

Lindir opens his eyes and sighs. "We have an elfling to attend to." You nod. "Come then." You get up and grab his hand as you walk to Taneniel's room to tuck her in.

A/N: 20 elvish years is about 4 human years according to my research. Hope you enjoyed!