A terrible dream

Lindir tossed and turned. The night air had become heavy with the sounds of his terrified whimpers.

He was having a nightmare.

(Lindir's dream)

You gasp as another contraction hits. You had gone into labor earlier that day, and now it was time to get ready for the pushing.

Lindir, Lord Elrond, and Glorfindel stood outside your bedroom. Lindir was terrified beyond imagination, he was about to become a father.

Cries of pain filled his ears, and he desperately wanted to break the door down to be with you. He could hear you crying out for him, and it broke his heart he wasn't there.

"One more push my lady."

You let out a scream like bloody murder, as the sound of your baby's cry fills the air.

"It's a girl!"

The midwife takes the baby away for her to be washed, as another maid opens the door for Lindir.

Lindir bolted past the maid, straight to your side. He kissed your sweaty forehead over and over. You look into his chocolate eyes as he whispers sweet words of how proud he is of you.

You blink a few times and grasp his tunic. "Lindir," you say weakly. "Take care of her..."

Lindir held you close as your body went limp in his arms. His cries brought Elrond and Glorfindel into the room. The two elves saw their friend, broken-hearted over the loss of his wife.

The midwife walks calmly over to the brunette elf, showing him his daughter. "You have a daughter my lord..."

"Lindir."

"Lindir."

(End dream)

"Lindir. Melamin wake up!"

Lindir's eyes open as he sits up in bed. You were sitting up next to him, concern written all over your face.

He looks over at you and reaches out to touch your face. "You're real," he whispers.

You raise an eyebrow as he traces his finger over your face. "Yes. Would you tell me what was wrong? You were crying and screaming."

Lindir took you in his arms, holding your head under his chin. "I dreamt of the night Taneniel was born."

You pull back from him, eyes filled with horror. "Was she okay?"

He nods before continuing. "She was, but you didn't make it."

Your eyes soften as you brush a tear away from his face. "Meleth nin, I am perfectly healthy," you take his hand and place it over your heart. "See? My heart still beats."

Lindir smiles and kisses you gently. "I don't know what I would do without you."

You snuggle up next to him. "Oh don't you worry your pretty little head. I won't be leaving you. You can't get rid of me that easily."

Lindir chuckles. "I don't plan to."