Frightened

A/n: requested by the fabulous rebelrxse. So sorry it took so long been super busy

You walk with your best friend, Lindir, around Mirkwood, arms linked together. You both decided to visit your father, Thranduil, and Lindir's brother, Meludir, before sailing into the west.

"I can't believe this is the last time we will be here," Lindir confesses.

You sigh. "Yes, but just think how beautiful the Undying Lands will be."

Lindir blushes and rests his head on yours, which was on his shoulder. The two of you continued your walk, until you heard footsteps behind you.

The two of you turned around, face to face with Feren. Feren nods to you, extending his hand out to both of you. Lindir bows, and you give a slight curtsy.

"Your father is leading an army to Gondor. Your brother has been spotted on the fields of Pelenor. He has requested you to go with him, Lady Y/n."

Lindir looks to you for an answer. You glance up at him, tightening your grip on his arm. You give him a small smile, the fear evident in your eyes.

"I will go with him."

Feren nods. "I shall inform his lordship at once."

You break away from Lindir and go to your chambers, with Lindir on your heels. The sounds of a chest being opened reached Lindir's ears, as he pushed the doors open.

The chest opened to reveal your old armor from your days of battle. Your fingers brushed over the metal breastplate, memories of war filled your head.

Lindir kneels down next to you, and places his hand on your shoulder. You shudder at the contact, startled back to reality.

You look up at him, the fear still in your eyes. Lindir leans his forehead against yours, brushing your tears away. He knows the horrors of war. You had fought during the war of the Battle of the Five Armies, and the things you saw would haunt you for the rest of your days.

"Lindir, I'm frightened."

He wraps his arms around you, holding your head to his chest. Your arms were wrapped around his neck.

Lindir calmed you down a few moments later, and helped you get your armor on.

Once you were finished, you gave his hand a squeeze. You smile and lean your forehead against his.

"I love you."

Lindir opens his eyes at your remark. "I love you too."

You give him a slight smile before kissing him.

A voice in the doorway causes you to pull away from each other. "As soon as you're done making out with the princess, she is needed with her father."

Lindir blushes and releases you from his grasp. "May the grace of the Valar protect you, melamin."

You kiss his cheek before following Feren out of the room.

A few weeks later, you and Lindir were reunited in the Undying Lands, together for eternity.

A/n: idk wtf happened to the ending 😂