Day off

Lindir sat against the tree, his eyes closed as he thought about absolutely nothing. It wasn't often that you both had days together, and you were grateful for the days you were.

Your head was in his lap, long h/c strands of your hair going every which way. Lindir had been running his fingers through it as you read aloud to him. The words poured from your lips as you read tales of the North.

Before you could say another word, a strange feeling came over you. You put your book down and twist so you were on your side. Lindir looks down when he feels the movement.

"Melamin?"

You quickly sit up, putting a finger to his lips. Lindir's eyebrows knit together in confusion. After a few minutes, you bring your finger away from his mouth.

"I'm sorry, I just thought I heard someone coming."

Lindir smiles, bringing your hand to his lips. He places a kiss on your knuckles and in the palm of your hand. Your can feel your heart fluttering as you blush.

"My darling, there is nothing to fear. I will protect you no matter what."

"And I don't doubt it, but who will save you if my brothers found out about us?"

Lindir's eyes bulged out of his head which made you laugh. You kiss his cheek. "Oh my songbird, you know I won't let them hurt you."

Lindir laughs. The two of you had been dating for a while now, but you hadn't told anyone, especially Elladan and Elrohir. You knew that if they found out, there would be endless amounts of teasing.

The two of you spent the rest of the day in your quiet little spot until the sun went down. Lindir escorted you back to your quarters like the gentleman that he is, giving you a kiss goodnight.

You watch from the doorframe as he walks off, a smile plastered on your face. After he turns a corner you close your door.

What neither of you realized, is that your brothers had been following you. Elladan elbows his brother. "I knew they were together!"

Elrohir nods. "Indeed. Tomorrow lets get to know our future brother in law better."

A/n: so sorry I haven't posted, I've had a writers block. Hope you enjoyed.