Chapter 4 | Hoodoo-Voodoo BS! [REWRITTEN]

THE FOLLOWING DAYS were pretty normal

THE FOLLOWING DAYS were pretty normal. No monsters, being captured or kidnapped, not anything really. The breaks still happened, a lot, but they've become more concealed and Shelby has been apologizing to her a lot about it and promised her that she'll tell her what it is someday. In fact, Shelby tried to compensate for lost time last weekend by going on a full on superhero movie marathon with Quinn. There was a lot of ice cream, popcorn, and laughs through it all and it was amazing. Was she still trying to figure out what it is? Yes, definitely. But she's not having a freaking panic attack anymore over it, so that's something, I guess.

Although, some unusual things started happening at the cafe on Monday. Chase was flipping burger patties while the others were taking food to customers, cleaning dishes, and working as cashiers.

"Ugh, Chase, can't you finish anything?" Shelby questioned as she walked into the kitchen.

Quinn followed behind her holding several trays in her hands and quickly set them down. "What do you expect Shelby? He's Chase. Put him, a phone, and work together and this happens." Quinn joked, grabbing a plate of burgers. Shelby did the same and left to help more customers.

Quinn walked to Table 12 and handed the order to the customer. "Here's your order." Shelby and Quinn said at the same time as the set the food on customers' tables.

Shelby walked over to another table. She said, "Hi, may I take your orde-. Wait, Chase? Aren't you supposed to be manning the grill?" Shelby asked. Quinn overheard the conversation and looked at Chase and then at the grill. Oh no. She immediately ran into the kitchen to grab the fire extinguisher. "The grill? Gasp The grill!" Chase realized. He ran into the kitchen yelling apologies, "Sorry!" The fire alarm beeped.

Quinn quickly found the fire extinguished and propped it up. "I got the fire extinguisher!" Quinn yelled, extinguishing the fire. Holy crow. She stood there for a few seconds to regain her breath, then looked at Chase. "See Chase? There's a reason I always set the fire extinguisher next to the grill." She said sternly, glaring at Chase who nervously smiled back. The alarm stopped beeping, thankfully, but that didn't stop the lingering nervousness of the incident happening again in the cafe.

"Come on! One little fire-" Chase said.

"That could have burned down the entire museum." Kendall explained, clearly holding back anger.

"And exposed our base." Shelby added.

Base? Wait, what? Quinn looked strangely at Shelby. Is that the thing you're not telling me about? "Ment. Basement." Shelby said.

"But isn't there just a bunch of junk in the basement?" Quinn questioned, but was ignored by everyone.

"Okay, I get it. I promise to pay more attention to- Moana!" Chase shouted, running to a strange looking woman.