0.

I felt like I was on top of the world. My life was great, my club was successful, my side hustle made me one of the most respected men in Harlem, my money was right, my daughter is taken care of, and I have the most amazing woman God has ever created.

I was in the VIP section of my club, with my crew around, and I stood over the balcony, looking over everyone. It looked like everyone was enjoying themselves. Drinks were flowing, and the music was bumping, I don't see how people couldn't have a good time here. The only thing that will complete this night was my lady coming to enjoy the club with me. I nodded my head to the music, taking a sip from my glass of Henny.

"Yo, East." I turned my head and seen one of the club bouncers standing next to me. "She's here." I nodded my head and looked toward the entrance, waiting to see her. When she finally walked through the door, I smirked at how good she was looking in that dress. She was followed by her best friend, and they held hands while walking through the crowd of people. She must have felt my eyes on her, because she looked up and we immediately made eye contact, and smiled at each other. My beautiful Harlem.

A loud noise, broke our eye contact, and I looked around, trying to figure out what the noise was. The whole club was silent, until the loud noise rung out again, and we all realized what it was. Gunshots. Everyone was running, trying to find cover, or leave the building, and people were screaming, as the shots continued to fly through the air. I ducked down, dropping the glass on my in my hand.

"Harlem." I breathed out, instantly worried about her. I peeked over the railing, trying to get my eyes on her, but she was nowhere to be found. I pulled my gun from my waist band, and started firing shots at the niggas who were shooting up my club.

"I got your back, bro. Go find Harlem." Brooklin said, looking at me. I nodded my head, and he started shooting. I slowly made my way down the stairs, trying to avoid bullets. "Harlem!" I called out, praying she was safe, and could hear me.

By the time I got downstairs, the dance floor was mostly empty, and there was someone laid out in the middle of the floor, in a pile of blood. Blood was all over the door, from other wounded people. When I got closer to the person, I felt like all the life left my body. I froze, I couldn't breathe.

"East!" I heard someone yell out. "Get her!" I snapped out of my shock and ran towards her.

"Harlem... baby." I said, scooping up her body, and running to cover. I ran to the bar area, and held her in my arms. "You're gonna be okay, okay?"

She eyes were still opened, but she was crying, the bullet went in her stomach, and she was losing so much blood. I grabbed some of the towels under the bar, put it over her wound and pushed down on it, and she screamed out in pain.  "Stay with me, Harlem. Please.. you gotta stay with me." I was too focused on making sure she was okay, I didn't even realize the gun shots stopped, until Brooklin ran towards me and kneeled by us.

"Fuck!" Brooklin yelled, punching the bar. He pulled out his phone, calling an ambulance. I cried, holding Harlem. Her eyes were still opened, but she was still losing a lot of blood.

"B, East." I heard someone say, but I kept my eyes on Harlem. "We gotta clean up before the police get here. They're gonna search the whole building, and everybody getting arrested."

"You and everybody go start loading up, and take everything to the warehouse." Brooklin said, and I looked up at him.

"Go with them. Make sure they get everything and move everything right. I don't want them to fuck anything up." I sniffled, and he shook his head.

"Are you sure?" He said, and I nodded my head. "Take care of my sister, East."

"I got her." I said, and he kissed her forehead. "You're gonna live, sis. You gotta live, for me. You all I got left." He looked at her for a few seconds and then he left with the rest of the guys.

I wiped the tears off of her face, and pecked her lips. "I love you."

"I- I love you too." She whispered, and I closed my eyes, trying not to cry anymore. I heard sirens getting closer to the club, so I lifted up her body, and carried her out of the building, meeting the cops and ambulance in the front.

"I need help!" I yelled out, freezing as the cops held their guns out at me. When they realized I was holding someone who was hurt, they can towards me. They took her out of my arms and put her on the stretcher. The cops pulled me away from the ambulance trunk and pushed me against a police car. "What the fuck?" I said trying to snatch away from them, but three of the them were holding me down, putting hand cuffs on me.

"What are you doing? I own this club!" I yelled, and they put me in the back of a car. I yelled, and kicked the door. I couldn't be away from Harlem right now, she needs me. I need her.

***