11.

I was sitting in the Gonzalez household, next to Dominic

I was sitting in the Gonzalez household, next to Dominic. Losing Zeke was already hard to accept, but being in an apartment with his entire family, mourning was draining. Zeke had lost a lot of blood and his heart stopped beating before we even got to the hospital. He was too young, and didn't deserve to go out like that, and I couldn't help, but feel like this was my fault. Dominic didn't want me to blame myself though. He knew what came with the lifestyle, but he wasn't expecting for it to come around to his baby brother.

I looked over at him, and he was just sitting back on the couch, with his arms crossed, staring off into space. It's been about three days since Zeke died and he hasn't cried since the day it happened. He just had a mean mug on his face, and he was focused on getting the people who did this.

I haven't really cried either, because I'm trying to stay strong for Dom, but him holding all of this in, made me fearful of when he was going to blow up.

Dominic's parents came up to me, and I stood up and hugged them. His mother was a wreak and was breaking my heart, seeing such a kind woman like this. I know his dad was hurting too, because he basically brought them into this lifestyle. Though I would mostly understand Spanish, I couldn't really speak it, so Dominic translated for me. His parents thanked me for pay for everything with the funeral and I told them they didn't have to thank me.

When everyone finally left, I walked with Dominic over to his apartment. "Dom." I said, stopping at the door. "I know you're hurting. I am too, but you can not hold all of this emotion in. You're gonna blow up big and it's not gonna be good. You're gonna do some dumb shit that's either gonna get you killed or locked up, trying to get even."

"What am I suppose to do Harlem? Just let the niggas that did this to my brother get away with it?" He said, looking very upset.

"That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying you should just let Brooklin and I handle it." I said and he shook his head.

"So you really expect me too just sit on the sideline and do nothing?" He asked. "Fuck that Harlem."

"You have no choice. I don't want you involved, period. Do you hear me?" I said and he stared at me and looked away, but nodded his head.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" He asked and I bit my lip, thinking about it, and eventually, I made my way inside. He grabbed my hand, leading me towards the bedroom. I sat down on the bed, and watched as he changed into a pair of sweat pants. He was looking through the dresser, probably looking for something for me to put on and he froze and took a deep breath. He slammed the dresser shut and walked into the bathroom. I sighed, standing up and taking off the dress I had on. I went into the dresser and grabbed some basketball short and when I looked in the drawer he was previously in, I pouted, seeing the present Dominic was planning on giving him for graduation. He was going send Zeke and a few of his friends to the Dominican Republic and he had already bought the tickets. I heard Dom yell in the bathroom, followed by two loud bangs. I walked towards the bathroom and seen Dom, sitting against the wall, he had just punched, crying. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around him, just letting him cry. He needed this.