13.

"Shhh, it's okay princess

"Shhh, it's okay princess." I said to Kairi, while rubbing her back. Dave had to do to the club to help Ryan with inventory, so I offered to watch Kairi. I expected her to be asleep for the rest of the right, but she woke up in the middle of the night, crying about a monster in her dream.

"There's no monsters here. I promise baby girl." I said, kissing her forehead. I picked her up and carried her into the kitchen. I turned on the tv for her, putting on the Boomerang channel, since they always show cartoons. I sat her down on the couch. "I'm gonna go into the kitchen real quick okay?"

She pulled on her bottom lip, with her tiny fingers, while holding her favorite stuffed bunny. I walked into the kitchen and poured some milk into a small pot and turned on the stove to warm it up. I know she wasn't a baby baby, but I knew drinking warm milk would help her go back to sleep. After a while, I poured the milk into her sippy cup, and made sure it wasn't too hot before I gave it to her.

I grabbed the blanket that was left on the couch and laid down, Kairi laid down with me and I put the blanket over us. Her small body was against my chest watching tv and drinking her milk. I felt myself starting to dose off again, since it was about 3 in the morning.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

"Harlem..." I heard someone say my name, waking me up. I sighed, opening my eyes and I didn't see Kairi next to me anymore, and I panicked a little bit.

"Kairi!" I called out, sitting up.

"Shhh." I looked up and saw Dave standing over me. "She's okay, I put her to bed." I took a deep breath and nodded my head. "Come get in the bed."

"I'm okay here, Dave." I said, starting to lay back down.

"I want you to be comfortable Har, just get in the bed." He said and I sighed, getting up and walking into the room. I laid down on the bed and got under the covers.

"Thank you taking care of Kairi for me." He said, getting into the bed with me.

"Mhmm" I hummed, too tired to respond. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. He started kissing on my neck and rubbing on my inner thigh. I kissed my teeth. "David, I'm tryna sleep."

"Come on Har', you know your fine ass wants this dick. " He said into my ear and I could smell the liquor on his breath. I rolled my eyes, pushing him off of me and tired to go to sleep. "I'm not in the mood Dave, damn."

"I bet if I was that nigga Dominic, yo ass would already be bouncing on it." He said, turning over and I sat up, looking at him.

"Excuse me?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Oh, now I got your attention. That's funny." I stared at him for a second and chuckled. I stood up out of the bed. "You know what, I'm not about to do this with you tonight."

"Do what?" He said, but I ignored him, starting to get my stuff together. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going home, because you are clearly on some other shit right now and I'm really not in the mood to deal with your drunk ass." I said, changing my clothes.