27.

Tonight, I decided to make dinner for Harlem, and just show her how much I appreciated her

Tonight, I decided to make dinner for Harlem, and just show her how much I appreciated her. She's really been taken on the role of Kai's mom lately and I loved it. I had found out that Millie was hanging around at a crackhouse in Long Island. When I found her, she was fucked up, barely able to move. I don't know where the hell this drug habit came from, but I gave her an ultimatum; she either came with me so I can get her some help, so she can be around Kairi, or stay there and never see Kairi again. I'm not having no crackhead around my daughter. I've seen what they'd do to get a fix when they're desperate, and I'm not putting my daughter at risk. Millie decided that she wanted to stay in Long Island and continue to use drugs, so I accepted that and left.

This sped up the process of us trying to find a new place, so in the mean time, we were turning Brooklin's old room into her room.

Right now, Harlem was at the warehouse going over some last minute things before the raid tomorrow. Ryan had Kairi for the night, so it was going to be all about us.

"Aye." I said to Bronx, who was sitting by the kitchen, watching me cook. "How this taste?" I threw a small piece of chicken of him towards him and he ate it and looked at me, wagging his tail.

"Ight, cool" I nodded my head, turning off the stove. I knew Harlem was going to home soon, so I set the table and poured her a glass of wine. I know we were working on her not drinking so much, and she's been doing really good so far, so one glass won't hurt.

A few minutes later the door opened and Bronx ran toward it, and jumped on Harlem as she walked in. "Hi, baby boy!" She picked him up and starting petting him, while walking further into the room and noticed the candles lit around the house. She finally saw me and smiled, walking towards me.  "What's all of this?"

I lean down, pecking her lips a few times and held out the wine to her. "I just wanted to do something a little special for you."

"It smells so good in here, thank you baby." She smiled, taking a sip from the wine, and setting Bronx down on the couch. "What did you order?"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "I actually cooked, asshole."

"No, you didn't, you never cook." She squinted her eyes at me and I nodded my head. "Well, what did you cook then, Mr. Chef?"

"You'll find out after you take your fine ass in that room, and change into what I have laid out for you on the bed." I said, grabbing her head and leading towards the bedroom. She smiled, seeing the rose petals and candles all over the room and gave me another kiss before, picking up the dress on the bed and walking into the bathroom. While she was changing, I walked back to the kitchen and started making our plates.

After a while, Harlem finally came out and I smiled, seeing how good she looked in the dress I picked out.