31.

I was sitting in the hospital room with Harlem waiting for her to wake up

I was sitting in the hospital room with Harlem waiting for her to wake up. It's been about three days since the shooting and the doctors said they haven't seen any progress. Dave was here yesterday all day, and today Rubi and I were chilling with her. 

I should've never let Harlem into this shit. When she told me she wanted to help out, I should have told her no, because if I did, she wouldn't be laying in this hospital bed right now. It should have been me, not her. This was the biggest wake up call for me. When Harlem woke up, I was telling her that she's not allowed to work anymore. I started all of this shit, so this was going to be my responsibility. I didn't want to risk her getting hurt like this again, because she didn't deserve this at all.

I've been trying to figure out who did this, but I can't find anything out. A part of me was thinking that those niggas from Bronx had something to do with this. They had to have wanted to get there revenge for what Black and I had did to them. I should have listened to Black when he said, we should've killed all of those niggas, but I was trying to listen to Harlem and not have too many casualties.

I also had to get out of the game soon too. I have a daughter to take care of now, and I don't want anything to happen to her or myself. I just had some shit that I wanted to do, before I left. I felt Rubi standing behind me and started rubbing our shoulder, and I took a deep breath, and putting my hand down. "How are you feeling babe?"

I just shook my head, not knowing exactly how to respond. I wasn't sure how I was feeling at  the moment, or about anything at all. My little sister, the only family I had left, was laying in a hospital bed. We don't know if she's going to wake up and if she does, she not be able to walk. Yes, I had Serenity, and I love her with everything, but I needed my sister to help me out with her. Our dad was dead and our mom is going to be in prison for a long time. I needed Harlem.

"I just need her to wake up, so I don't have to explain to my mom all of this bullshit. She's gonna be pissed that I didn't protect her." I said, and she sighed, sitting down next to me.

"Babe, you couldn't control what happened. None of us saw that coming. We were celebrating East's club reopening and we were happy about getting back into business, so we we're expecting it, B. It's not your fault, it's not anyone's fault."

I nodded my head and looked at her. "I love you."

"I love you, too babe." She leaned over and kissed my lips and then my phone started to ring. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at it, seeing the number to the prison that my mom called from. I sigh, standing up, preparing myself to get yelled at. "This is my mom, I'm gonna take this outside." She nodded her head and I walked out of the room and answered the phone and after accepting the call, I heard my mother's voice.

"Brooklin, tell me these people in here are lying." I heard her say, and I could tell that she was mad.

"Hey, ma." I said, taking a deep breath. I wasn't sure how to tell her.