28.

I groaned, putting my phone down, hearing Brooklin's voicemail, for what felt like the hundredth time

It was almost 3 in the morning and I haven't heard anything from anyone and I was beyond worried and anxious at this point. What if everything went wrong and Brooklin and Dave weren't okay? What if a bunch of our people got hurt? What if they got caught by the cops. So many scenarios were running through my mind. I've called everyone I could and no one was answering.

I rubbed my face, sitting up and grabbing my phone. I went to Dave's number, calling again, but it went straight to voicemail. I was about two seconds from driving to Bronx myself to see what the hell was going on.

I stood up, walking out of my office and to the storage part of the warehouse. Over time, since we've put a pause on business, we've organized things a lot better, and I also got access to the building next door, so that's where we're going to put everything we've taken back.

"Miss, Harlem. What time were they suppose to be coming back?" One of guards asked and I crossing my arms over my chest.

"They should have been here an hour ago." I said, shaking my head. "Something must of happened."

Cutting me off, I heard a horn honk and saw headlight pulling up toward the warehouse. I told a deep breath as the security opened the gates and I walked further outside. All four of our vans pulled up and everyone got out and started to bring the stuff in. As soon as my eyes landed on Dave, I walked to him and we hugged and kissed each other. "You okay?"

He nodded his head, but sighed. "Yeah, I'm fine. Apparently shit got crazy at their main house. Black wanted us to make sure that no one was following us back to Harlem, so we drove around for a while."

"Where's Brooklin?" I asked, looking around.

"He got shot." He said and I felt my heart drop. "He's fine though, the bullet barely grazed his shoulder, so we dropped him off at his crib, so his girl could wrap him up. He said he'll call you tomorrow."

I nodded my head, resisting the urge to go over there, but I knew Brooklin probably just wanted to rest up. After spending a few hours, making sure stuff was put away, Black and I split up the product and the money, and him and his people leave to make their way back to Staten Island. I dismissed everyone and Dave drove us home.

When we got home, we went to the bathroom to take a shower together. We just stood there, holding each other, letting the water run on us, and for some reason, I just started crying.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked, holding me tighter, and rubbing my back. I covered my face with my hands, trying to stop crying.

"I was so worried about you and B, but I couldn't be vulnerable in front of the guys, so I just held it all in." I cried and he sighed, kissing the top of my head. "I really thought something happened to you guys."