12.

I stared at Harlem, as she typed away on her computer

I stared at Harlem, as she typed away on her computer. We were in her office, at the warehouse, and I was trying to get her to leave with me. It's been a couple of weeks since the shooting at the laundry place, and she was being very distant and consuming herself into work. I know she was hurting over the kid that got shot, but this wasn't the way to cope with it.

Her hair was in a bun, she was wearing a pair of glasses, and this brown dress that with down to her knees and it hugged her body perfectly. I was waiting for her to decide when she was done working, so she could come with me to pick up Kairi. She said that she would just meet me at the crib later, but I really didn't want to leave her alone.

"Ight, turn that shit off. It's time to go." I said standing up and fixing my pants.

"And who are you to tell me what to do?" She asked, with an obvious attitude.

"A nigga who gives a fuck about you and your well being. Now save whatever the fuck you're doing, and turn that shit off. We got shit to do today, I'm not playing with you Harlem." I said, over her stubbornness. She stared at me for a while, before staring to do what I said. After she stood up, grabbed her purse and tried to walk past me, but I grabbed her arm.

"Why do I gotta talk to you crazy for you to listen to me?" I said grabbing her face, making her look at me.

"I'm just going through something, David. You know that already, so I don't know why you won't just leave me alone." She said, pushing my hand away and looking away.

"I know that, mamas. That's why I'm not leaving you alone. You don't need to be alone right now. Let me be there for you okay?" I grabbed her face again. "Okay?"

"Okay." She said giving me a small smile. I pecked her lips and then we looked towards the door, hearing someone clear their throat.

It was a tall Hispanic dude, leaning against the door frame with a duffle bag on his shoulder and a bouquet of flowers. "Dom...Hey." Harlem said, backing away from me. She walked towards him, and he pulled her into a hug. He looked me up and down and I did the exact same. I know this nigga wasn't tryna size me up.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him and h finally looked back down at her.

"I came to stock up. We're selling product fast in the East." He said, before smiling at her. "I also wanted to check on you and give you these." He handed her the flowers and she glanced back at me.

"Thank you, Dominic. These are beautiful." She looked back at him and smiled. "I'm actually about to head out, but Keri is here and she can help you out with that."

"Alright cool." He looked at me and walked further into the room. "You're East, right?"

I nodded my head, trying to be cautious of him. "I'm Dominic. I run things down in East Harlem. I heard you were from there."

"Yeah, I am. I'm sorry for your loss. Harlem told me what happened." I said, and he nodded his head.

"I appreciate that." He said, and I just stayed quiet, because I didn't know what else to say. I watched as him and Harlem talked and I could tell that they were fucking with each other. He kept checking her out and touching on her. She kept looking at me, I guess to see if I noticed and I did.

I couldn't really be mad at Harlem if she was fucking with other niggas, because we weren't official or anything, but that doesn't mean it doesn't bother me thinking about it.

After they finished talking, he went to go get the product he didn't and Harlem and I went to my car. We didn't really speak during the car ride. I hated that it bothered me so much that Harlem was messing with another dude.

I pulled up to Millie's apartment complex, and I got out of the car, leaving it running for Harlem. I went up the stairs and when I got to the door, I knocked in it. A few seconds later, the door opened and Millie had on this short, pink, silk robe. I couldn't lie, she looked good.

"What are you doing here?" She asked and I rolled my eyes, walking past her and into the apartment.

"You already know why. The only reason I still come over here." I said, walking to the back of the apartment and opened the door to Kairi's room. I saw my little baby in her crib, sound asleep. Even though she looked cute, it was annoying that Millie didn't have her dressed and ready to go, like I asked her too, so I could just come in and out. I sighed, walking into the closet and grabbing an outfit for her.  I gently picked her up and changed her clothes, successfully, without waking her up. I laid her back down in the crib, and I started packing a few things to take back to my house. She had clothes and toys at my house, but Kairi had some favorite stuff that just had to go back and forth.

"Dave." I turned around and seen Millie standing at the door. "Can I talk to you?" I stared at her for a second, but put the bag down and walked out of the room anyways. We went out into the living room and looked at her.

"Wassup?" I asked and sitting down on the bar stool.

"I just wanted to say that...I'm tired of the way things are between us. We are so bitter towards each other and we're always fighting, and it's not good for Kairi. I want her to have as normal as a family as we can give her."

I nodded my head. "So you want to do better at co-parenting. Yeah that's fine. I've been telling you that for months." I chuckled, and she sighed.

"Not just co-parent, Dave." She said, getting closer to me. "I want us to be an actual family. I want Kairi to have both of her parents in one home. I want to get back together." She put her hands on my chest, standing between my legs, and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Is that why you got on this lil thing?" I asked and she nodded her head. I laughed and pushed her away from me.

"Girl, you trippin', trippin'." I stood up and walked back into Kairi's room. I grabbed her bag and picked her up out of the crib and walked out of the room. As I walked towards the door and Millie followed me out the apartment and down the stairs, talking to be about why we should get back together. I really wasn't paying any attention to her. I opened the back seat of my car and put Kairi in and strapped her in.

"Who the fuck is this bitch?" Mille said and I took a deep breath, closing the door.

"Yo, chill the fuck out." I said and she opened the passenger door and looked at Harlem.

"Bitch, who are you?" She said and Harlem looked her up and down and chuckled to herself.

"You might want to watch how you talk to me." Harlem said, looking back at her phone.

"I'll talk to you however the fuck I want." She started to say, and I grabbed the door and closed it.

"Millie, take yo ass upstairs! You looking really stupid right now." I said, getting in her face.

"You're really bring another bitch around my daughter? And you didn't even let me know?"

"All the random niggas you bring in and out here, fuck out my face." I said, walking to the other side of my car and opened the door. "Take your dumb ass in the house."

I got into my car, and pulled away from her house. She was really trippin.

-/-/-/-/-