25.

I watched Kairi play with her toys on the floor of my living room, thinking about Harlem

I watched Kairi play with her toys on the floor of my living room, thinking about Harlem. I haven't seen or spoken to her in a few days and I would be lying if I said it wasn't bothering me. We were two prideful, stubborn ass people, which is why I hated when we would fight. It takes, what feels like forever, for us to make up.

This new drinking habit was the cause of our downfall right now. Harlem got careless and reckless when she got drunk, so all I want to do is protect her. So what if I even was jealous? I have every right to have my guard up with a nigga she use to sleep. I definitely didn't like that he was going to be in town for a while, until everything passed over, but as long as he kept his distance, there isn't be any issues.

I was waiting for Millie to come pick up Kairi, and then I was going to handle some business at the club, and then I was going to talk things out with Harlem. I was tired of the childish shit with her, I'm tired of playing games with the woman I planned on spending the rest of my life with.

I looked at the time on my phone and kissed my teeth. Millie was late as hell and as much as I love my daughter, I had business to take care of. I looked at my messages, seeing that she hasn't texted me back. I called her twice and she didn't answer. This shit was getting annoying. I sighed, standing up, and putting Kairi's coat and shoes on her and grabbing her bag.

"Come on mamas, lets go see what your mom is up." I said, kissing her cheek. I left the house and go to my car, making sure to strap her in. I got into the car and drove to Millie's house. When I got there, I got Kairi out of the car and went into the building and to her apartment. I starting knocking on the door, but the door never opened and it didn't sound like anyone was in there. I sighed, looking out of window in the hallway and saw that her car wasn't even here. I groaned out loud, and walked back down the stairs.

"Dada mad?" Kairi asked, touching my cheeks and I gave her a small smile.

"No, mamas. I'm good." I said, before putting her into the car. While I was driving towards the club, I called Ryan to let him know that Kairi was coming with me, so I wouldn't be able to stay for too long.

•••
After handling business at the club, Ryan offered to watch Kairi for a while, while I talked to Harlem. Now I was knocking at her door, waiting for her to answer. After a while, the door opened and she looks at me for a while and just walks away. I take a deep breath, walking inside and closing the door. I looked over to the corner and seen Bronx knocked out in his bed. At first, I thought something was wrong with him, but his ears were up, so I knew he was listening out.

I looked at Harlem and she was in the kitchen, cleaning up. I walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter. "Harlem."

"Yes?" She said, not looking at me. I rubbed my face and got closer to her, grabbing the small towel she was using to wipe the counters and the spray bottle away from her and setting it down.