18.

I walked into the laundry mat and smiled as everyone greeted me

I walked into the laundry mat and smiled as everyone greeted me. "Hey, everyone. How are you guys doing?"

I walked towards the back so I could collect the money, since it was the end of the month and that's when I usually picked up the money from our businesses. I walked into Dominic's office and seen him sitting at his desk, counting the money as he put them into duffel bags. 

"Hey Dom." I said, closing the door behind me and he looked up at me smiling.

"Hey, baby girl." He said, and I bit my lip. I haven't been around Dominic too much lately, because I've been trying to be respect Dave and his feeling about my being so close to him. I was also only use to Dave calling me that. "I didn't know you were coming in so early. You usually come here last."

"Yeah, I just wanted to come and see how you and your family were doing." I said and he stood up and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and he grabbed on my booty and I pulled away from him. Normally, I wouldn't mind it, but I was in a relationship not, so we couldn't be a friendly.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking down at me, holding on to of my hands.

"Dom, I gotta talk to you about something." I said, pulling my hands away from his and sitting down. He sat down next to me, looking at me.

"What's going on? Why are you acting weird?" He chuckled, shaking his head.

"You know that we're really good friends, and we will always be that. But we can't cross that line outside of friendship anymore." I said and he raised his eyebrow. "I'm with East now."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Okay, and you've been with East, so what's the problem now?"

"No, Dom. We were just messing around, like you and I mess around, but not anymore. We want to only be exclusively with each other. Just him and I, no more side flings." I said and he nodded his head.

"I understand." He said, standing up and talking to the other side of the desk.

"You do?" I asked, raising my eyebrow and he nodded his head, sitting down in his chair.

"Yeah, I knew eventually you would find someone you really liked, that could tie you down." He said, continuing to put the money in the counter and bagging it. "I was just hoping that someone would be me."

I bit my lip, not knowing how to respond to that. "But, I understand. Being with me comes with a lot of drama, and you don't want to deal with it. As long we still have our friendship, that's all I care about. I don't want you distancing yourself like you've been the past couple of weeks, all because you feel like I'm going to do something to jeopardize your relationship. Just let me know what's going with you and I'll respect it."

"Thank you, Dom." I said, smiling and he nodded his head. We sat in silence as he finished counting all of the money. We zipped up all the bags and had bought in a few of the guys to carry the money to the trunk.