17.

I was sitting in the club, drink in my hand, just watching over everything

I was sitting in the club, drink in my hand, just watching over everything. Dave hasn't come yet, because he was dropping Kairi off at her mother's house. I stood up, and looked over the balcony, taking a sip of my drink.

"Ms. Harlem." I turned my head and seen Ryan walking towards me with his trusty clipboard in his hand. "How are you doing tonight?"

"I'm fine, Ryan. You?" I asked, looking at him.

"I'm great, thank you. So boss man said that since he's not here, that you're in charge." I nodded my head.

"As I should, but what's going on?" I asked as he showed me the clipboard.

"This is all the money we've made so far on the floor. Our profit it a lot lower than what it use to be since we cleaned house. I think we need to start recruiting."

"I agree with you, but we're not sure who we can trust yet. If we're gonna start hiring more people, I need to know that they're not gonna rat." I bit my lip, thinking. "Put the word out that we're looking for people, and let me know who reaches out to you. I'll handle the rest."

"Alright boss lady, I got you." He nodded his head and started to walk away, but I stopped him.

"How's Erica doing? She told me what happened a few days ago." I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"She doing better. The doctor put her on bed rest for a while, just to make sure that she doesn't try to overwork herself or stress." He said, with small smile. "She's not really doing a good job at not stressing thought."

"Why not?" I asked, before taking a sip from my drink, and he sighed. "Her and Brooklin have been fighting, because he came to the hospital for only two minutes, disrespected me, and then just left. Didn't even wait for her to wake up and talk about what happened, so she's mad about that."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "I'll talk to him, and I'm also gonna visit Erica tomorrow." I said and he nodded his and got back to work. When he walked away, I realized that Dave had finally got here and he walked towards me.

"Hey mamas." He mumbled, pulling me into a hug and kissing my forehead.

"What's wrong?" I asked, looking up at him and rubbing his arms. He looked so mad, and had a mean mug on his face.

"Millie, man. She's always on some bullshit." He said, shaking his head. "I'll talk to you about it later." I nodded my head as he lean down and we kissed each other. "You look good.' He said rubbing on my booty.