23.

"Babe

"Babe..." I heard Dave mumble while, shaking me awake. "Get your phone."

"Leave me alone." I mumbled, while turning over, trying to ignore him. I didn't realize until now that my phone was going off like crazy, then Dave's phone started to go off.

"Yo, what the fuck?" He groaned, sitting up and grabbing his phone and answering. "What?"

I was about to try to go back to sleep, but then someone started banging on my door. I got up, grabbing my gun from the dresser and walking out of the room. It was almost four in the morning, there was no reason anybody should be banging on my door, like this. I looked through the peephole and saw it was Brooklin.

"Why are you banging on my door like a crazy person?" I asked while he came inside.

"Somebody is hitting our spots, Har. I've been calling and texting you." He said, looking at me and I raised my eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, what?" I said, wanting to repeat what he said.

"Yo, we gotta go." Dave said, running out of the room, putting his shirt on. "Someone just hit the club, they shot it up and took product."

"Shit!" I groaned, jogging back into the room and quickly getting dressed

Dave went to the club and Brooklin and I were driving the warehouse. While he was driving I was looking through my phone and realized that I was getting calls and text from people at every spot that had gotten hit. They've hit five places, including Dave's club so far, and we weren't sure if they were going to go for more. I started calling the places that haven't been hit, letting them know that needed to get ready and stay alert. Especially the laundry mat in East Harlem and the Warehouse, because that's were most of our money was.

When we finally made it to the warehouse and we went inside to try to figure out what the hell was happening. "This is so fucked up. The feds are gonna be all over this." I said, shaking my head. "We don't even have enough space for all of this shit." All of our businesses were bring all of the drugs and money to the warehouse. We knew the cops were going to start investigating why all these places were getting shot up, and the last thing we wanted is for them to find out.

"Well, where are we suppose to put it, Harlem?" Brooklin said, looking at me and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"We're going to have to stop business until the feds to investigating and until we figure who's behind this." I said, looking around at the mess the warehouse was right now. "I want our people off the corners, I don't there to be any connect to us."

"You know most of our workers have families they need to provide for right? How are they suppose to make money?" Brooklin said and I sighed, shaking my head.

"Give everyone some money, for the inconvenience." I said, starting to walk towards my office.

"What?" Brooklin said, following me. "Are you serious right now?"

"Very serious." I said, opening my office door and logging to my computer. "That's fucked up to just leave them out of work for who knows how long. We have a bug enough profit to take this loss."

"How much are you think about giving them?" He said, looking at me.

"I don't know, Brooklin! Figure it out, damn!" I snapped, getting annoyed with all of the questions he was asking me. I was just as pissed about all of this as he was, I was tired of figuring all of this shit out by myself.

•••

After dealing with things are the warehouse, I had one of my workers drop me off at the club. I walked inside and instantly heard Dave yelling and going off on someone. When I got further inside and saw that he was yelling at everyone. He was taking his anger out on the wrong people.

I tool a deep breath and walked further inside. "East!" Called out and everyone looked at me. "Go take a breather."

"Harlem I'm not in the mood for this shit right now." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Go in your office, I'll talk to you in a minute." I said and he stared at me for a while before leaving. I sighed and gave the workers my attention.

"Okay, so business will be paused for a while. I don't know how long, but we want to figure out who did all of this and we also don't want the cops to trace this back to us." I said. "In the meantime, we're going to break you guys off some bread for the inconvenience, but don't go throwing money away, especially because I don't know how much you're getting. It depends on how generous Brooklin is feeling." After dismissing the guys, I walked to the office to talk to Dave, and saw Ryan coming out of the office.

"I don't think you want to go in there, Har'. He's buggin' out right now." He said, shaking his head.

"I can tell. Don't worry, I can get him to calm down." I said, walking toward the door. "Everything that wasn't stolen has been taken to the warehouse, right?"

"Yes ma'am." He said walking down the stairs. "I'll see you tomorrow. I'll tell Erica you said hi."

"And kiss my baby for me." I said, before opening the door. I saw Dave, sitting at his desk, with a gun in his hand, watching something on the computer.  I walked behind the desk and seen him going through the security camera footage, trying to figure it out.

"That's not gonna help." I said, grabbing the gun from him and putting it back in the drawer. "You can't see anyone's faces. And you staring at this, over and over again isn't going to help either."

"So what am I suppose to do Harlem, since you have all the answers?" He said, looking at me.

"Really?" I chuckled, looking at him."

"Why didn't you just let me handle shit out there? I know how to talk to my people." He said.

"Clearly you don't. You're yelling at the wrong people, Dave. They didn't shoot up your club and steal our shit."

"They might have. I've had dirty people in here before, that shit could be happening all over again." He said, standing up.

"Okay, but until we can prove that, we're not going to start accusing innocent people." I said standing behind him and rubbing his back. "Until then, baby you need to relax. We're going to figure out who did this and then they'll be taken care of. The last thing we want to do is make impulsive decision, especially when there's about to be an investigation."

"Okay...okay." He sighed, leaning back. "You're right."

"I mean when am I ever wrong?" I smirked, walking around him and sitting on his lap.

"Shut up." He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.

•••

Hey loves, I know this chapter was a little short, but I'm gonna try to update a few times this week since I don't have school.

Who do you guys think is behind Harlem and Dave's businesses getting hit?

Lemme know

Love you guys so much!

✨Mimi✨