Chapter 29

(I had an idea of taking this whole story and putting it in the perspective of Luke. Tell me if you think it's a good idea please.)

Luke and I have no morning classes together. Starting with lunch, which is period 5 out of 8, we have the rest of classes together. Luke met me at my locker to walk to lunch together. He was leaning against the locker on his phone when I arrived.

"Hey," I said. I ducked down so my face was near his phone. I looked up at him and giggled. He just laughed and shook his head. Then he put his phone away and laced his fingers in mine.

"So what do you want to do after school?" he asked.

"I don't know. How about we get ice cream or something?"

"That's sounds like a good idea."

"Do you wanna invite our friends? Or just go me and you together?" I started to swing our hands back and forth as we walked into the cafeteria.

"How about just the two of us?"

I smiled at him. "I like that idea."

We walked over to the table where Michael and Jesy were already sitting.

"Hey Sara! Hey Luke!" Jesy said.

"Somebody sounds happy," Luke replied, sitting down.

"And is that a problem?" Jesy challenged him.

"I never said it was."

"Will you two stop?" I said, laughing. "Gosh you sound like 5 year olds!"

"Well maybe I am 5. What do you have to say about that?" Luke said.

"You better watch it, Hemmings. One wrong word and I could go back to my parents."

"You would never." He smiled.

"Try me." I smiled back.

I know he knows I'm joking. I would never go back to my parents as long as my mom is still the way she is. But I do miss them. I miss them a lot.

"Hey, can I sit here?" Calum asked, sitting down in an empty chair.

"No," I answered with a straight face.

"What?"

"I'm kidding. You can sit here."

"Good. Because I wasn't moving."

"Guys," Ashton said joining us. "Maggy's starting shit."

"What do you mean?" Jesy asked.

"She's spreading rumors about us."

"What kind of rumors?" Luke asked.

"Well one I heard was that Sara is a slut and is just trying to get in all our pants."

"I would never do that! My parents would kill me!" I said.

"I know. And we all know you only have feelings and shit for Luke."

I turned to Luke and smiled. He kisses my lips.

"But that's not the one I've heard a lot," Ashton added.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She's saying you and Luke are fuck buddies. That one has spread to almost the whole school. A lot of people seem to believe it."

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious, Sara."

I just stared at him for a while. Then I buried my head in my hands. Luke wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close.

"Woah. Please, no fucking in school," Maggy said. I heard a group of girls laugh.

"Fuck off!" Strike said. "You think you're so much better than everyone else! You're really not!"

"Why don't you shut your mouth, Strike?"

"I won't shut my mouth until you step a day in her shoes. You have no idea what she's going through right now and you go and start these dumbass rumors about her?"

"They aren't rumors!"

"They fucking are! The seven of us have spent the entire summer together and never once have a seen or heard the two of them fuck! I don't even think Sara would think about it! You've met her, right?"

"Yea I've met her. And she would totally fuck Luke."

"No she fucking wouldn't! Her parents would beat the living shit out of her!"

"So you're telling me she has a boy as hot as Luke and they haven't even fucked yet?"

"Exactly! That stupid brain of yours is finally catching on!"

"If she won't fuck him, I will. You would like that, wouldn't you, Lukey."

She started to walk towards him. I shot up from my seat and blocked her path.

"Don't you fucking dare go near him! You fucking hear me?" I yelled.

"You're letting a good fuck buddy go to waist," Maggy said.

"Do I look like I give two shits? At least I know Luke will always be there for me whenever I need him! At least I know he will love me unconditionally! You're just upset cuz no one will ever love you!! You'll just be another slut gone by!"

"The fuck did you just say to me?!"

Now she was up in my face. I will not back down. No matter what.

"Oh I'm sorry! All that sex must've gone to your ears and blocked them!"

No turning back now.

Her fist swung up and hit me in the face. I stumbled backwards. I steadied myself and got ready to hit her back. Somebody grabbed my arms and pulled me away. I tried to fight them so I could get closer to Maggy, but they were too strong.

"That's right, pussy! Have your boy friend come save you!" Maggy yelled. She was being held back by Strike.

"Why don't you shut your fucking face before I do it for you?!"

"Bite me!"

"I'm tempted!"

"Ladies! My office! Now!!" our principal yelled as he walked in between us.

I felt all color drain from my face. I looked up at Luke who gave me a worried look.

Shit.