Chapter 20

I decided to put a playlist for this chapter cuz i'm feeling somewhat down lately and I wanted to listen to music while writing this. Enjoy~! -Admin Nutella

List:

Human - Christina Perri

Say Something - A Brave New World (Pentatonix Version)

Demons (Sam Tsui & Max Schneider Cover)

Connor's POV

I don't know how long I sat outside, but by the time Kian came out to get me it was already getting dark. All I did was stare at the rippling waters in the pool. Kian brought me inside and steered me away from the direction of Jc, who was sitting on the couch just watching TV with a towel on his shoulder. As much as I wanted to punch him, I didn't have the heart to.

Because Autumn took it away with her when she walked out of the house. So here I am, empty-hearted and hollow.

I thought Kian was going to take me to my room and leave me in there, but he pushed me into Ricky's room and closed the door behind me. I turned around to open the door, but a voice stopped me.

"Con", the voice said. I turned around to see Ricky, his face full of sympathy.

I sighed and my head drooped. I knew that he knew. By this time Emmi probably called him and asked him to whip my ass, but I deserved it. He gestured his head toward his bed to tell me to sit, which I did. I twiddled my thumbs and bounced my knee nervously.

After what seemed like an eternity of him staring at me, he finally said something. "Kian told me what happened." My head snapped up in surprise. "I thought Emmi would have called you by now", I rasped, my throat dry. He shrugged and waved his phone in my face. "She did, but Kian told me first", he said, smirking. I didn't have the energy to even roll my eyes at him.

His eyes gave away shame. "I knew that Jc had a little thing for Autumn", he admitted, clenching his phone tightly waiting for my reaction. My gaze wavered. He knew too? How many secrets are being held against me today? This isn't my week, at all.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I choked, my jaw tightening. He stared at me intently. "If I had told you that Jc liked Autumn too would you even step into this house without getting jealous of Jc and Sam? Especially if Autumn was with you? I think Sam likes Autumn a bit more than Jc does but either way I don't think you wanted more stress over people fussing over her."

I bit my tongue to stop myself from making a rude remark. It's true, if I had known that Jc AND Sam liked her at the same time I figured out that Sam liked her, I wouldn't be too happy about it. I mean, I can't blame them for liking her. She's wonderful the way she is. I don't know why guys didn't get at her the second they saw her.

She was incredible but at the same time intimidating. She didn't realize it, but her aura is strong and she seems like an independent woman who can take down any guy that gets in her way if they tried to barricade her. She calls herself shy, but really she's not. She calls herself weak, but she's the strongest girl I know.

"Thank you", was all I could manage. Ricky placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it. I felt reassurance for a few seconds, but it faded just as quickly.

"I feel like an idiot", I muttered bitterly. "You said those out of anger. I don't think Autumn will hold a big grudge over it", he soothed. I was tempted to shrugg off his hand from my shoulder, but I was too heavy with emotions that I didn't even attempt to. I answered, "You don't understand. Autumn's sensitivity is as strong as a stick. She doesn't have thick skin, she probably hates me and wants to break up with me now." I swallowed hard, making sure I wasn't going to cry. Not today.