Chapter 31

NEW RULE: 6+ comments and votes? IT ONLY TAKES A COUPLE SECONDS WE BELIEVE IN YOU. 

Made this chapter extra long for y'all to calm your butts down :)

Song List:

Impossible is Nothing - Iggy Azalea

Still in Love - Jason Chen (I don't know if I repeated this or if I suggested "Still in Love Part 2"..Whoopsies ~Admin Nutella)

*edited*

Autumn's POV

"Who's Sam?" I ask hesitantly over the phone. Emmi had explained to me about how Connor and I's relationship was. Like, how did it begin? What happened, who liked who, why was I with him? Bigger question is, why would Caspar tell me that I'm with him and not Connor?

All these questions were making my head hurt.

Another thing that Emmi had told me was that Connor and I were kind of bumpy as well because of Sam. When she said the name "Sam", nothing rang a bell. Who was Sam? So what I did was call Connor. I got butterflies in my stomach, nervous that I was calling someone that I hardly remember about someone I don't remember.

Connor was silent. Too silent. Did I say something wrong?

"You.....you don't know who Sam is?" he asked slowly, confused. Was Sam just as important to me? Was he an ex?

"No....I don't. That's why I'm calling. Who's Sam? What did he do exactly...and who is he to me? To you?" I hear Connor gulp on the other line. I gnaw anxiously on my fingernails, waiting for his response. After what felt like hours, he answered.

"Sam's my best friend...and he....truly cares about you. Even though you were with me...he still loved you. I don't know about now, but I know he did."

My brain turned to mush. Everything's just a mess, I don't know what's going on.

"Why would he love me when I was never with him?" I ask. I had a pretty good idea that we didn't date. I know I shouldn't be saying that because I don't remember shit, but I knew deep in my stomach that Sam and I did not date. I can feel the awkwardness in the phone as Connor takes seconds to minutes to respond.

"Yes you were never with him. He just....cared about you deeply", he said frigidly. I decide to drop the subject. It seems like I'm making him really really uncomfortable.

"Anyways...well um....can you tell me more about....Caspar? What is he really like?" I ask, nibbling on my lower lip. Connor coughs. "Do you not remember much about him either?" I don't answer. I remember Caspar, but it's really fuzzy. Suddenly, I had a weird idea. It made me...excited.

"Um.....do you just want to.........nevermind"

"What?"

"Nothing. It's...stupid, kinda", I say. I was so glad that he couldn't see me because I was blushing so much.

"No, tell me" , I can hear the smile in his voice. Butterflies attacked my stomach. I gulp.

"Do you....want to meet up and....just catch up I guess?" I say, trying not to giggle. Connor laughs on the other line. "Autumn Worthe, are you asking me on a date?" he jokes. I feel my jaw drop. "N-n-no!" I stutter. Now that I think about it, it did sound like I was asking him out on a date. My face was heating up.

Connor continues to laugh. A smile creeps onto my face. Maybe I really did go out with him before I lost my memory. He made me feel fuzzy inside, something Caspar didn't make me feel.