Chapter 42 (Part 1)

Song List:

Your Call 2008 - Secondhand Serenade

Goodbye - Secondhand Serenade

Our Time - Secondhand Serenade

*unedited*

Connor's POV

I go to my seat next to Kian, Ricky, and Jc at the ceremony. I look at the beautiful scenery around us, but none of that made me feel any better with earlier. I slump in my seat, adjusting the cuffs of my tux. Kian looks at me with a smile.

"Well? Did everything go the way it should?" he asks, so cocky that he did the right thing. I glower at him. "If you thought that she would run into my arms and accept the "sunshine" in her life, you were totally fucking wrong", I growl, fixing my hair that was no longer in a quiff. I sigh and I feel around my pocket.

"Wait, she didn't accept you back?" Kian asks, genuinely surprised. I narrow my eyes at him. "No...she didn't. She said that she can't deal with it right now. This is Emmi's wedding day and this day should be about her. I don't blame her, this day is for Emmi and her fiancé", I say, getting quieter. Kian pats my shoulder, murmuring an "I'm sorry", before turning his attention to the front.

The music starts and we all turn to see everyone going down the aisle. We see Emmi's fiancé, Michael, go down the aisle first and waits there with his hands clasped together. The bridesmaids, best man, and groomsmen are all standing there with a smile. Autumn was up there, not making eye contact with me, and staring at whoever is going down the aisle.

I watch the flower girls go down, dropping light pink petals on the ground. Their blonde hair were in nicely curled ringlets. I see the ring bearer come down in his small tuxedo and slicked combover hair, which was adorable by the way.

It was now time for the bride to come down. We all stand up and we see Emmi coming down in a beautiful white dress with her father. It wasn't poofed up, it was sleek against her figure. It wasn't too sexy, it was just right. Ricky, who was sitting next to me, inhales sharply.

"She's beautiful", he murmurs, his eyes never leaving the woman behind the veil. I pat his thigh, unable to say words. What can I say to the guy that is still hopelessly in love with a girl that never returned them?

I turn back to Michael, who's face was turning red with emotion. Tears slowly started to make way to his face. He wipes them quickly for no one to notice. That didn't go well.

Everyone sits and the priest begins the usual lines for marriage.

"Today is a beautiful day. It is the day where we join two people in Holy Matrimony, Emmi Anne Wells and Michael Steven Abram. May God shine bright upon these two people as they begin to say their vows. Proceed", the priest gestures to Michael.

Michael unfolds a piece of paper and looks at Emmi right in the eye.

"Emmi Wells. The first moment I saw you, I had a feeling you were special. I didn't know at the time whether it meant something important or that you were going to just be a friend. Turns out, you were everything that I needed in life. I promise to love you when you feel like the world is against you. I promise to be your knight in shining armor. I will be the one to be your shield when you are vulnerable. I promise that no matter what, I choose you. I will choose you for better or for worse, for good or for bad, and much more. I promise to never break the bond of our love, forever and always." Michael's eyes glisten with tears as he finishes up the final words.

The priest nods and turns to Emmi, who also pulls out paper. It was in little index cards, neat and ready.

"Michael Abram. I would like to thank you for so many things. I wouldn't be able to learn so much about myself without you. I have taught to love myself in order to love people. I can't thank you enough..." Emmi stops slowly and makes eye contact with Ricky. I feel him tense up. Everything got really awkward. Michael's eyes flicker between Ricky and her, his eyebrows scrunching.